• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So this is supposed to be our new QB

bobcat91

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

I'm trying to wrap my mind around the logic of because Cam got his throwing shoulder destroyed within the pocket that means if we draft the smallest QB in the NFL he'll play 15 seasons.

Tagging the wrong guy because I have huge concerns about how Young will hold up in the NFL. 

1 minute ago, frankw said:

TJ Watt? Ring any bells?

The shoulder was after the KB lazy route/interception and super Cam has to run and try and tackle the guy.

TJ was just another cheap shot that went unflagged. It hurt him though, but not like the shoulder ultimately did

• Pie 2

Just now, Varking said:

Tagging the wrong guy because I have huge concerns about how Young will hold up in the NFL. 

I was referring to the post you quoted. Seen the argument applied so many times. Because Cam at his size had a shorter career due to his shoulder that means a 190 pound QB will play over a decade. It's fine to support him as the pick and like his attributes. But using Cam's injury as a validation is just lazy. One fluke hit can change everything that's the nature of the sport. It's cool that people want to assume the refs will protect our QB but consider me skeptical at best on that notion.

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

The shoulder was after the KB lazy route/interception and super Cam has to run and try and tackle the guy.

TJ was just another cheap shot that went unflagged. It hurt him though, but not like the shoulder ultimately did

KB was long gone by then my guy. Cam was being talked up as an MVP candidate again when we were 6-2 before that hit. Sucks but that's it.

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

KB was long gone by then my guy. Cam was being talked up as an MVP candidate again when we were 6-2 before that hit. Sucks but that's it.

Actually rippadon is right about Cam's shoulder dude.

Edited by poundaway

3 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

"The shoulder" happened that day, not in Pittsburgh 

The injury that resulted in the rotator cuff surgery happened that day. Cam was still slinging it in 2018. If you're arguing the Watt hit wasn't the final straw for that shoulder we'll just have to agree to disagree. No problem.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

The injury that resulted in the rotator cuff surgery happened that day. Cam was still slinging it in 2018. If you're arguing the Watt hit wasn't the final straw for that shoulder we'll just have to agree to disagree. No problem.

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2022/09/09/panthers-wr-torrey-smith-cam-newton-tj-watt-josh-allen/

You are correct. 

• Beer 1