• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Snyder

Mr. Scot

Just now, stratocatter said:

Bunch of media drama hawks driving the narrative.

My main problems with the guy would be football related. Like why is this guy the GM? Who is really making roster decisions? Draft decisions?

You don't need to go outside the football aspect of things to call him one of the worst ever.

But if you do, it just adds to the stench.

I'd argue Dan Snyder has done more damage to his franchise's brand than any single person has done to any team in US sports history. He bought a franchise that was maybe a notch down from the Yankees/Canadiens/Celtics tier in terms of prestige. What he leaves behind ...

feel like that might be a bit of an exaggeration given he's not even the most shameful owner in Washington's history.

George Marshall fought vehemently against integration and said a Black player will only be on the Redskins over his dead body. it's the reason so much of the DC/Virginia market are Cowboys fans to this day, as a protest passed down from a generation 50 years ago.

the team has literally erased his name from their records and removed all mention of him from their stadium and offices, i don't think Snyder is going to get that treatment.

• Pie 2

My favorite Snyder story was when Jay Gruden talked about their draft process 😄

When it came our time to pick, we’d always talk about the picks, where we’d like to go, what happens if the player is gone, and did all our scenarios. And then Dan Snyder would come in and make the pick.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

12 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Snyder was terrible and honestly the NFL should be embarrassed they didn't publicly force him out like they did to JR.

JR just responded to the situation differently.  He could have acted like Snyder but he agreed to sell the team instead.  They can't really force anyone out if that person is willing to be a pariah.

• Pie 1