• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

On today's episode of Panthers Subliminals...

Just now, PootieNunu said:

So Stroud, who ran a pro style offense with plenty of snaps from under center, needs to be developed? But the guy who spent 99% of his time in shotgun formation doesn't? 

Ehhhhh I wouldn’t consider the Ohio State offense a pro style offense. There’s a reason people always talk about the offensive transition for Ohio State QB’s to the NFL. There’s probably NFL concepts in there but it’s not a true pro-style offense. 

Bama’s offense is probably closer considering it was called by a former NFL HC/Playcaller. And more teams in the league operate in shotgun now than they ever have before so I wouldn’t freak out too much about that.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

So Stroud, who ran a pro style offense with plenty of snaps from under center, needs to be developed? But the guy who spent 99.99999% of his time in shotgun formation doesn't? 

No Stroud needs to have his ability to play under pressure and make decisions off script developed. Never mentioned Bryce not needing to be developed. I just said they had a big enough gap on tape in my eyes.

It’s not some attack on Stroud it’s just my view of the prospects.

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Show me the stat.  You guys make that crap up all the time.

What ACTUAL percentage did Stroud spend in shotgun?

Meanwhile I heard Stroud is 99.99999999% uncoachable.

It has been shown several times, Stroud has taken 121 snaps from under center in his college career, Young has taken 4 snaps from under center

Edited by PootieNunu

2 minutes ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

It's funny how yall on this media train but what have the panthers said about all this bryce hype...nothing. wonder why..

cj-stroud.gif

I mean if that’s what we are basing it off of I’ve heard Reich and Fitterer volunteer more takes on Young than Stroud if we are talking about things the team says. Both in pressers and interviews.

Watch their combine pressers, their pressers the panthers have hosted, and their local radio interviews. 

• Flames 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Being a fan is a lot more enjoyable when you just accept that either QB is a great choice. I’m fine with any of the big 3 really. Trust our staff and sit back and enjoy the show. 

This is how I feel for the most part. Like yeah, I prefer Young but I’m cool with him or Stroud. AR is a bit of a tougher sell to me at 1 just because I feel like Young or Stroud allow us to compete immediately but if he works out the reward could be great.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

It has been shown several times, Stroud has taken 121 snaps from under center in his college career, Young has taken 4 snaps from under center

I've seen some tweeter post it, but none reputable.  Where is that offical stat at?

It doesn't matter, I'm sure Strouds special under center snapping ability will serve him well in Houston.

I'd rather have the smarter/more elusive QB.

Edited by poundaway

3 minutes ago, BlackPanther22 said:

This is how I feel for the most part. Like yeah, I prefer Young but I’m cool with him or Stroud. AR is a bit of a tougher sell to me at 1 just because I feel like Young or Stroud allow us to compete immediately but if he works out the reward could be great.

Missing out on Young to take Stroud is huge mistake.

It is very likely one these guys is going to bust.  The less mobile one, who is among the worst QB's under pressure in college football is the likely candidate.

7 minutes ago, stan786 said:

No Stroud needs to have his ability to play under pressure and make decisions off script developed. Never mentioned Bryce not needing to be developed. I just said they had a big enough gap on tape in my eyes.

It’s not some attack on Stroud it’s just my view of the prospects.

Just my opinion, but I think Stroud got much better under pressure as the season progressed. Early on he would freak out and throw it away or throw it too far (but seldomly turned the ball over). Once he got exposed to it more he looked more comfortable, finishing with the UGA game were he looked to be on Young’s level. Obviously he needs to show that consistently but that does show me he is learning and trending in the right direction for the pressure issues. 

• Pie 2