• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Sheena Quick the most reliable reporter when it comes to Panthers news?

CamWhoaaCam

9 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Love her Vashti and Person.. I don’t see a lot from the Observer guys lately without getting past the pay wall.. But the Female reporters are trying to be more interactive with the fan base on twitter and going on other YouTube platforms .. So I give them alot of props..

I don't read too much of the Observer either because of the paywall but I will say Mike Kaye has been a really good twitter follow lately. I think the video he posted the other day about the Bryce Young chatter was really informative and transparent, so I appreciated that. 

1 minute ago, KillerKat said:

She appears on the Adam Gold show sometimes. She accused David Tepper of being racist after not hiring Steve Wilkes and also was part of the collusion crowd for us not wanting Lamar Jackson. All of our beat writers are pretty poo.

Well this isn't fully true at all. I've seen a clip of her talking about the Wilks situation and she didn't accuse Tepper of being racist, in fact she said that she didn't believe he was and praised the diverse panthers leadership group. She did however point out the difficulties there can be for black HC's. She's been super complimentary of the Panther's staff. 

• Pie 4

4 minutes ago, BlackPanther22 said:

I don't read too much of the Observer either because of the paywall but I will say Mike Kaye has been a really good twitter follow lately. I think the video he posted the other day about the Bryce Young chatter was really informative and transparent, so I appreciated that. 

Well this isn't fully true at all. I've seen a clip of her talking about the Wilks situation and she didn't accuse Tepper of being racist, in fact she said that she didn't believe he was and praised the diverse panthers leadership group. She did however point out the difficulties there can be for black HC's. She's been super complimentary of the Panther's staff. 

Yeah, I listen almost every weekday cause theres nothing else on the radio in the work van. She mightve changed after all the hirings, but right after it was known Wilkes wasnt going to be hired, she did. Unless there is another female panthers beat writer Im getting her confused with. It wasnt Brownlow. 

She called the Watson to Cleveland thing a day before it was announced. She knows someone/people in league circles and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s people close to players like family or significant others. Nothing is ever 100 percent because people don’t believe the concept of last minute changes.

Edited by Panthercougar68

1 minute ago, Panthercougar68 said:

She called the Watson to Cleveland thing a day before it was announced. She knows someone/people in league circles and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s people close to players like family or significant others. Nothing is ever 100 percent because people don’t believe the concept of last minute changes.

She said don’t sleep on Cleveland like a week before and then also said the Texans don’t want to trade in the afc.  Like most insiders she throws enough poo against the wall and hedges her bets to circle back and beat her chest in the off chance she is right.    

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, BlackPanther22 said:

Yes Kaye has been better then the Elliot guy at the observer.. And ppl be making up poo..

Sheena was actually 1 of the ppl trying to explain that Tepper has been saying he wanted a offensive minded HC and why Wilkes didn’t get the job on other platforms… She also been glorifying the staff that Reich has built..

• Pie 1

Sh seems to be in on a lot of news. I remember a couple years back when she was relatively new she had some clickbait gossip news that was a bad first impression.  That said everything since has been on the same wavelength as everyone else albeit less dense than the other beat writers. 

In hindsight maybe it was smart of her to do it.  Any publicity is good publicity kinda thing. 

34 minutes ago, Martin said:

Curious, what are you looking for from them?

Insightful work, news maybe every now and then. Not baseless conjecture and puff pieces.  And especially not rumor based on their “sources” in the grounds crew…basically I’d prefer something that is rare these days: journalists rather than bloggers.  Would be great if we had a Mary Kay Cabot, but not many teams do. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Insightful work, news maybe every now and then. Not baseless conjecture and puff pieces.  And especially not rumor based on their “sources” in the grounds crew…basically I’d prefer something that is rare these days: journalists rather than bloggers.  Would be great if we had a Mary Kay Cabot, but not many teams do. 

I think………..

• Pie 1

44 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

She appears on the Adam Gold show sometimes. She accused David Tepper of being racist after not hiring Steve Wilks and also was part of the collusion crowd for us not wanting Lamar Jackson. All of our beat writers are pretty poo.

Did she actually go that far with it? Guess she didn't watch the same games as the rest of us.

Well she claims to have a source within the team. Wonder who it is 🤷‍♂️

59 minutes ago, csx said:

There are some boys here who have real issues with females. That's become apparent. 

I noticed this as well.

Females are the greatest thing on this earth. Respect them you cowards!

Edited by CamWhoaaCam

40 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Yeah, I listen almost every weekday cause theres nothing else on the radio in the work van. She mightve changed after all the hirings, but right after it was known Wilkes wasnt going to be hired, she did. Unless there is another female panthers beat writer Im getting her confused with. It wasnt Brownlow. 

To be fair most people Nationally thought Wilks deserved the job.