• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs islanders Game 2 Tuesday

Panthers Fan 69

3 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I noticed toward the end of the third that Drury took a couple shifts with Aho.

I am curious to see how Drury does with some continual time on the Aho line. I really like Drury. 

Speaking of newish players I really like Noesen’s game. He’s gritty.

• Pie 4

9 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

So is he out for the ‘series’ or is he done? Probably done I’d imagine. What a shirt run if injures. Don’t want to hear poo from crying NYI fans. 

Pretty sure he’s lost for the season or at least a couple series depending how far Canes go, I think Rod said he would have surgery for repairs to the hand.

Edited by DavidEng
  • Pie 1

Glad we got the W but Turbo is a big loss. Now down basically an entire top line with him, Patches and Svech out. I think we can handle it with next man up for the remainder of this series but after that is going to be a really tall task. I won't count them out but at this point with injuries I view it as we're basically playing with house money. Any more success from this point is just a cherry on top but I have no expectations of a long run unfortunately. Just bad injury luck this year.

• Pie 1

Boy the Islander fans are screaming bloody murder on a missed high stick call in overtime against Martinook. They are stating that the refs gifted us this game. The islanders came to play physical and punish Carolina, 54 hits says a lot. Pesce, Aho were cut, and Turbo broke a hand. Funny how fandom changes how you process facts. The Islanders should have been called for at least 2 or 3 more PPs and maybe even a major on the Staal hit. I hope we can at least steal one game in NY, if so I feel good about moving on. However, the Rags will play just as heavy, it is why NJ will not win their series.

• Flames 1

11 minutes ago, philit99 said:

Boy the Islander fans are screaming bloody murder on a missed high stick call in overtime against Martinook. They are stating that the refs gifted us this game. The islanders came to play physical and punish Carolina, 54 hits says a lot. Pesce, Aho were cut, and Turbo broke a hand. Funny how fandom changes how you process facts. The Islanders should have been called for at least 2 or 3 more PPs and maybe even a major on the Staal hit. I hope we can at least steal one game in NY, if so I feel good about moving on. However, the Rags will play just as heavy, it is why NJ will not win their series.

Maybe instead of crying while the puck is live they should play hockey. They literally have up the OT winner because they would rather cry to the red. fug ‘em. 

• Flames 1

Yeah Rod is upset over losing Turbo, I am too, but we had a chance to alleviate situations like this and chose not to. Injuries happen, especially during the playoffs when things are more chippy. Too bad our GM didnt understand this or take it into consideration at the trade deadline.

• Pie 1