• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are we set at running back?

poundaway

In light of Hurts' new contract, I thought I'd share a tweet I saw about how he effected the run game overall.

Sanders had a great year last year.  But some of it was due to one of the best OLs in football and some help form Hurts.  Our decent OL is coming off multiple injuries. 

I was wondering if we want to add another bruising RB like Foreman.  I don't want to be totally dependent on Chuba if Sanders gets injured.

• Pie 1

Just now, ncfan said:

Don’t think so

Deuce in his presser when he got here Really emphasized having multiple RBs

I was surprised that Foreman went so cheap to Chicago.  I'd be surprised if our offer was less than that. 

I wonder if he knew he'd be a number 2 here.

8 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I hope they don't add any more RBs unless they're cheap, undrafted rookies. Use the draft picks to add Oline depth and for other needs.

There's a lot of once-good FA RB available.  They've got wear and tear, but they'd be a #2-3.  Fournette is estimated value at 2M.  Not saying he's the pick, just an example.    Foreman had an injury history when we got him.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/running-back/available/

5 minutes ago, poundaway said:

There's a lot of once-good FA RB available.  They've got wear and tear, but they'd be a #2-3.  Fournette is estimated value at 2M.  Not saying he's the pick, just an example.    Foreman had an injury history when we got him.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/running-back/available/

As long as they're cheap, Shrugs GIF

But I would prefer the undrafted rookies just because of the wear and tear.

24 minutes ago, poundaway said:

I was surprised that Foreman went so cheap to Chicago.  I'd be surprised if our offer was less than that. 

I wonder if he knew he'd be a number 2 here.

My guess is we offered around the same, maybe a tiny bit more.  He sat on it for a while, and waited so long that we were no longer comfortable waiting and potentially missing out on both him and one of the other top starters available.  We moved on, and so did he.

• Pie 1