• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are we set at running back?

poundaway

13 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I personally think Chubba is better than people give him credit for here.  He needs to keep improving and fix, I mean forever, his ball security.  No fumbles

He's above average, with stones for hands.

Those two fumbled kickoffs last year in the same game.  Sheesh. 

His pass catching improved, but it was one of he worst in the nfl his rookie season.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, poundaway said:

His pass catching improved, but it was one of he worst in the nfl his rookie season.

Understand but he is improving.  We have to remember he went in the mid 4th round so he has given value IMO with that pick.  

20 minutes ago, poundaway said:

I agree that Chuba can run and has some playmaking ability. We jut need a decent rotation but he can definitely contribute. 

I like this RB class a lot. It's deep with talent. Really no reason not to add to the mix.   I am flexible bout style of back though. I would like to see a power back but willing to just play the board and take best RB on the board.  Chuba has played well considering the situations we put him in. The stigma of being drafted by Rhule and more damning "rhules wifey" liked him. Having to replace CMC reps. All that and the way the Cowboys put lots of reps on him in college. He has done extremely well in spite of some less than ideal situations. That said I do think we could find a complement to Miles and Chuba in this draft and possible replacement for Chuba. 

Draft young cheap replacements. Let old guys walk. If you have a good line, a qb, and a competent scheme, then the guy in the backfield isn’t that important. It’s a position where injuries are frequent and the lifespan is short. We should be drafting a young guy now.

I said this in another thread but I think Kendre Miller is one of the top 3 backs in the draft. Solid in every aspect of the game. And now It looks like we are at least somewhat interested:

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/04/18/2023-nfl-draft-panthers-tcu-rb-kendre-miller-top-30-visit/