• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What could a trade down look like?

Mr. Scot

9 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Did I read somewhere Joe P hinted that AR was 2 on our board or am I insane? 

I think it was yesterday he mentioned something similar to that on WFNZ. Also, he wrote an article about a week ago that Richardson is still in the mix at 1. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

There are reportedly teams who have Hooker rated above both Levis and Richardson.

I'm not surprised by that.  Before we traded up, I had him on my Radar.  Not at 9, but somewhere that may have involved trading to later in the first and scooping up other picks.

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I believe it.  I think Hooker is pretty underrated because of his age and the injury.  He was very good at Tennessee.

I get the age argument (yes you might have them for fewer years... might) but there's something to be said for maturity too.

• Pie 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Seriously, why are we bringing JSN in for a visit?  Are there rumors of him dropping because he didn't play much last year?

Kunkel was late on reporting that because news about that visit came out a few weeks ago and yesterday was the last day for pre-draft visits so I’m sure he’s already been in the building. 

17 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Panthers. 

Sorry about the vagueness, I am in a Zoom meeting that I don't care about, but I have to listen enough to make sure nobody says anything incredibly stupid.  Merely stupid is normal, but incredibly stupid I have to speak up on.

No worries mate, no need to be sorry. My reading comprehension could use some work. I hear you on the meetings🤮

Getting back on topic, you read/heard we were high on AR? 

15 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

2nd and 12 is what it would vost if they want young. 

Nothing less. 

yeah and that's only if we also like Stroud which I'm not so sure of any more. If we are sold on Young even that's not enough

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

No worries mate, no need to be sorry. My reading comprehension could use some work. I hear you on the meetings🤮

Getting back on topic, you read/heard we were high on AR? 

The AR rumor has been circulating for a while.  I doubt we are higher on him than we are Young or Stroud, but who knows?  The latest is he may be our #2 (behind Young), so then you get into how far behind #1 is he and all that speculation. 

Richardson has perhaps the highest ceiling of all the QBs in the draft, but the chances of him being ready to start week 1 or in September or even October are not all that great, IMO.  I think we are looking for a more immediate impact.  There is also a chance he is a complete whiff.  But that's just my view of the world.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, t96 said:

yeah and that's only if we also like Stroud which I'm not so sure of any more. If we are sold on Young even that's not enough

That's the heart of the question.

If the Panthers are as equally "convicted" on Stroud as they are on Young (and yes that's genuinely possible; multiple reports confirmed that they had at least two guys in mind when they traded up) then a trade down scenario truly does make a lot of sense.

If not, then no reason to move.

My ultimate answer to the whole thing is I don't care who they take or where they take them as long as it turns out to be the right choice.

To quote Metallica, nothing else matters.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Seriously, why are we bringing JSN in for a visit?  Are there rumors of him dropping because he didn't play much last year?

Sat basically the whole year with a hamstring, while already only running a 4.5 forty. Probably limited to slot, people question whether he can get separation in the NFL