• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Roll Call…. T minus 5 days, who’s representing in person?

TheBigKat

13 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

IDC unless you let me know which BBQ place you will go. That let's me know if you are serious.

I've had Joes, Jack Stack, and Q39 on my many visits to KC.  My preference though is this little shithole called Rosedale BBQ.  They serve you a mess of food on a flimsy styrofoam plate and have the tables with the classic red and white checkered tablecloths.  

• Beer 2

People shitting on BBQ from different places always made me laugh. 

It’s just like anywhere else. There are phenomenal places there. There are phenomenal places here too.

But excellence is hard. Excellence is rare. So you have to know where to go. 

Most BBQ places, painters, mechanics, doctors, teachers, QB prospects…suck. If you stumble on excellence; that’s rare, so enjoy it. 

• Pie 1

Have lived in the KC area for the last 10 years, so I’ll be down there. If it weren’t free I’d just be watching it on TV but figured it might not come around here again so we’ll see how it goes. Imagine I’ll have to get there so early to have a decent view of the theater that I’ll be standing around for hours and will be ready to go once our pick is announced. 

• Pie 2

19 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

No disrespect but I would never visit KC even if it was a free trip.

What are they even famous for besides BBQ?

Here is the true question.  Carolina Barbeque or KC Barbeque?  Some throw Texas BBQ but the usual debate of which is better is Carolina BBQ or KC BBQ.

To me there is nothing better than Carolina BBQ.  Nor only is it the original BBQ but it's the best. 

6 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Here is the true question.  Carolina Barbeque or KC Barbeque?  Some throw Texas BBQ but the usual debate of which is better is Carolina BBQ or KC BBQ.

To me there is nothing better than Carolina BBQ.  Nor only is it the original BBQ but it's the best. 

You're asking the wrong guy. Im honestly not a huge fan of BBQ. I eat it maybe twice a year usually during the colder months. 

If you eat BBQ in the summer time you are built different!

6 hours ago, Chaos said:

I've had Joes, Jack Stack, and Q39 on my many visits to KC.  My preference though is this little shithole called Rosedale BBQ.  They serve you a mess of food on a flimsy styrofoam plate and have the tables with the classic red and white checkered tablecloths.  

Upscale styrofoam plates.  There is a difference.  And they don't skimp on the plastic cutlery either--no sporks at this place.

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

Dang that stinks. Never knew about inner circle and I’m scouring the internet and do not see any inner circle tickets available

They're typically not for sale. The teams have a certain number and they allocate them for fans of their choosing. The Panthers usually invite PSL owners. We took ~50 people to Vegas last Draft and were able to get everyone inside the inner circle over the three days. We aren't doing anything for this one though (no one wanted to go to KC), but I'll get out there. I think OnLocation has some day 2 and day 3 tickets for sale though. They're the only ones I'm aware of who are able to sell those. 

https://onlocationexp.com/nfl/nfl-draft-tickets

Edited by RoaringRiot
  • Pie 1

5 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Sounds like they're going to do a competition on Day 3. My boy who cooks at our tailgate will be representing for NC. 

Hey @TheBigKat - I'm not familiar with the area/layout, but my KC guys told me that the one pass area is elevated and makes almost a natural amphitheater looking down to the stage. So if you get there early enough and get a spot, you might be ok. I just know last year was a total poo show. I was in that area for two minutes before tossing out my $15 beer to get the hell out of there.  

• Beer 1

26 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

Hey @TheBigKat - I'm not familiar with the area/layout, but my KC guys told me that the one pass area is elevated and makes almost a natural amphitheater looking down to the stage. So if you get there early enough and get a spot, you might be ok. I just know last year was a total poo show. I was in that area for two minutes before tossing out my $15 beer to get the hell out of there.  

our flight lands at 11:30 am and we plan to head straight over there, hope that is enough timing window