• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN’s Matt Miller: “There's a lot of like for C.J. Stroud there, but Bryce won the entire organization over.”

FuFuLamePoo

40 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

I think Tepper is smart enough to learn by previous mistakes and has mainly relied on his qualified staff to make football decisions, including the chose of QB to draft.

That is not saying Tepper didn't have a certain amount of input, mixed in with  a lot of support in he background.

Yeah I was half joking, just thought I'd get the thread off to a good start this morning! Judging by how he was pressuring Fitt into the Corral trade up last year I'm assuming he's at least letting his preference known in a subtle way

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, FieldsOverTheField said:

I'm not even a Fields fan, I don't think he is good, which is why CHI sticking w/ him over taking a flyer on a QB this draft is bad news

Fields is only entering his 3rd year. The Bears really couldn't afford to draft another QB in the 1st round. Fields showed improvement last. But, he isn't' a top 10 QB. I think you can make an argument his isn't even top 15. I can't imagine there's a huge trade market for him. It would have been bad for them to have two #1 QB's on their roster. Arizona moved on from Rosen pretty fast to draft Kyler Murray, but Rosen never looked like a legit QB. Fields has at least shown the ability to make big plays. I think they made the right decision to build around him. I just think the Bears have a history of making bad decisions on the offensive side of the ball...and they're QB's suffer for it.

15 minutes ago, Panthro said:

Yall need to get off the Stroud hope. If Bryce Young was hit by the bus Tuesday the pick would be AR.

Stroud was a smokescreen from the beginning.

The GA game made them look twice but it never changed their qb rankings.

Kind of blunt, but...

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

45 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

Fields is only entering his 3rd year. The Bears really couldn't afford to draft another QB in the 1st round. Fields showed improvement last. But, he isn't' a top 10 QB. I think you can make an argument his isn't even top 15. I can't imagine there's a huge trade market for him. It would have been bad for them to have two #1 QB's on their roster. Arizona moved on from Rosen pretty fast to draft Kyler Murray, but Rosen never looked like a legit QB. Fields has at least shown the ability to make big plays. I think they made the right decision to build around him. I just think the Bears have a history of making bad decisions on the offensive side of the ball...and they're QB's suffer for it.

Fields is being asked to carry an offense with trash for weapons AND he showed improvement while having his second head coach, offensive coordinator and QB coach in two years and year one being mostly wasted with how Nagy handled all this stuff. 

Chicago wasn’t going to draft Stroud because he’s from the same school and head coach as Fields and Fields was better. They weren’t going to draft Young because Young would have died on the field last year with the Bears offensive line “protecting” him. 

The new coach and GM didn’t want to invest in helping Fields until he showed he was the guy. After last season they were sold and that’s why they made the trades for Moore and Claypool. 

23 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I'd watch half to a full season of Dalton if Anthony turns out to be Allen 2.0. 

At this point the AR thing isn't going to happen. Most likely before the trade. I still think they love the potential and there's a lot to be excited about...in fact he may be the reason they put all that work into building the offensive staff they did, but it was still going to take a lot of work and time to get him there and Young just flat out required less work. Young is going to give them about a 2 year head start on being a legit threat in the league.

• Beer 1