• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Texans were 'very close' to acquiring No. 1 pick before Panthers

TheSpecialJuan

3 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

So when this all backfires on us in a few years when Young can't stay healthy, we can blame the Texans for not sealing the deal before we could, good to know.

You were cool a last decade, but now your posts can’t stay healthy.  

Edited by Whoops
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

So when this all backfires on us in a few years when Young can't stay healthy, we can blame the Texans for not sealing the deal before we could, good to know.

Could be.

But this is how you do it. What I’ve been begging to see from Tepper. And really most of our fans. Trade for your future in the draft. Stop trying cheat codes. You’re not outsmarting the NFL, and not a path maker.

While it’s kind of dumbfounding an owner can be that stupid to wait and do it the right way until now, it’s finally happening.

I’ll gladly go down swinging on this ship than some dumbass TB/Darnold/Mayfield fiasco.

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Poles really should've traded #1 to the Texans then turned around and trading #2 for us. He still ends up at #9 but gets two bounties in the process.

But then they definitely don't get DJ Moore, which was probably the difference maker.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Mage said:

But then they definitely don't get DJ Moore, which was probably the difference maker.

I also doubt the Panthers would be okay with the Bears playing them like that.  They would probably just settle on negotiating with the Cardinals at #3.

10 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

I am worried about Young's long-term health as well due to his lack of size but if our team drafts him are you not going to at least get behind him and support him as our QB? There are a few here that seem to want him to fail just so they can scream "I told you so" for the next few years. Yep, Young is not my choice either due mainly to his size as I feel like odds will be severely stacked against him to be successful with how small he is and I worry this may come back to haunt us something horrible but I am hoping most will at least get behind him and support him if he is the one we pick.

6 hours ago, onmyown said:

Could be.

But this is how you do it. What I’ve been begging to see from Tepper. And really most of our fans. Trade for your future in the draft. Stop trying cheat codes. You’re not outsmarting the NFL, and not a path maker.

While it’s kind of dumbfounding an owner can be that stupid to wait and do it the right way until now, it’s finally happening.

I’ll gladly go down swinging on this ship than some dumbass TB/Darnold/Mayfield fiasco.

Agreed, at least something is being done differently instead of the past recycled failed QB castoffs from other teams. Can't accomplish anything different than the past seasons norms if we don't shake it up, take a chance and see what happens. Trying to do something different than the Rhule era crap simple gives us hope and hope is a good thing.