• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes Vs Islanders Game 6 Friday

Panthers Fan 69

4 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Another chance to win the series!  Canes played a good game on Tuesday minus a couple boneheaded plays by some stars. 

no way the canes lose tmrw night.  Let’s close it out in style!  

LFGCanes!!!

Here's hoping and looking for a win and to close it out.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

30 minutes ago, organicrusty1201 said:

we will see what Freddy's made of, time to step up and show us you were worth the money

Walt said don’t read too much into it yet. Might just be trying to keep him in game form. Waiting to hear from rod on the post game. But yes if he’s going he better be ready. Apparently he let both power plays score in drills… 

• Pie 2

I thought Fred should have always started the road games. If now is the first time he's healthy, go for it. The goaltending position was mostly irrelevant in Game 5 as only two giveaway/not clear zone mistakes and a fluky bounce led to goals.  Let's hope our game makes our starting goalie irrelevant here. 

If you can't bet on several goalies in round 1 against your easiest opponent--there will never be an easier chance to rotate/get Raanta rest.

• Pie 3

I'll step out and say it. Fug Freddie.

He's done nothing but bail on this team the last 2 post seasons. This year- nick, illness, tweaked something. He's a UFA and he'll be gone in short order with a reputation that will precede him.

Freddie starting tomorrow will go something like this- Isles get 2 early scores on Andersen; 2nd period begins with Raanta in net followed by a report Andersen is injured; game 7 on Sunday.

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, DavidEng said:

We’re going to love whichever goalie is in net if we win and say “I told ya so” if we lose lol. I have no idea who to play just hope whoever Rod picks is the best choice.

I am pretty confident Rod will chose the right one.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

I'll step out and say it. Fug Freddie.

He's done nothing but bail on this team the last 2 post seasons. This year- nick, illness, tweaked something. He's a UFA and he'll be gone in short order with a reputation that will precede him.

Freddie starting tomorrow will go something like this- Isles get 2 early scores on Andersen; 2nd period begins with Raanta in net followed by a report Andersen is injured; game 7 on Sunday.

We’ll have to see which way Rod goes. I haven’t listened to his comments today, but the “could” go for Freddie says a lot of paper. 

• Pie 1