• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 3 - The Carolina Panthers Select DJ Johnson - EDGE - Oregon

rodeo

5 minutes ago, Swaggasaurus said:

While the board and Kaye is sucking off BJ Ojulari, compare his stats to Johnson’s for last year. Dude isn’t a blue goose either. Byron Young is also 25 and was an assistant manager at Dollar General at one point. Where is the can’t miss edge rusher we made a mistake and missed on?

Further proof that people on here are just looking for reasons to be angry. Most of its coming from the anti-Young people

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, Billy Love said:

Everos obviously has been following Johnson closely and is the reason he’s here. 

I really wish someone would come out and flat out say “we got word that Tampa was gonna take him and it was someone we personally coveted and found unique to our system etc.” i mean obviously they’re experts but we have seen terrible DRAFTING from Seattle in the past. They’re professionals etc. I just hope they’re not the “dumb drafting” kinds, lol.

1 minute ago, Pantherzilla91 said:

Further proof that people on here are just looking for reasons to be angry. Most of its coming from the anti-Young people

Who all is anti-Young right now? Let's not go out of our way to create a group of perceived enemies when it might be two or three people at most.

• Pie 1

Just now, Eric4280 said:

I really wish someone would come out and flat out say “we got word that Tampa was gonna take him and it was someone we personally coveted and found unique to our system etc.” i mean obviously they’re experts but we have seen terrible DRAFTING from Seattle in the past. They’re professionals etc. I just hope they’re not the “dumb drafting” kinds, lol.

Yeah the Seattle influence has terrified me since fitterer got here 

5 minutes ago, Growl said:

I’m really trying not to pile on a consensus of criticizing the pick before I’ve seen the guy play, but it is frustrating to think we came out of last night without a player that will plug a gap from day 1. Those guys were available and we didn’t come away with any of them. 

now I feel like I’m asking a lot of this 4th round pick just to hopefully provide a guy who can compete for a starting spot while the 2nd and 3rd rounders develop. 

Who would have been a “plug the gap guy” a TE maybe? A corner maybe? Really curious as to who you think would’ve been plug and play from 39 on.

6 minutes ago, Growl said:

I’m really trying not to pile on a consensus of criticizing the pick before I’ve seen the guy play, but it is frustrating to think we came out of last night without a player that will plug a gap from day 1. Those guys were available and we didn’t come away with any of them. 

now I feel like I’m asking a lot of this 4th round pick just to hopefully provide a guy who can compete for a starting spot while the 2nd and 3rd rounders develop. 

The 4rth better produce a damn offensive lineman, there are plenty left that could add crucial depth which we dont have

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

From Brugler's draft guide, heres basically where we were after the top guys went and Byron Young going a few spots ahead of us. So we did reach, but it was thin. It will be interesting when/where KJ Henry goes and if we totally whiffed on the rankings of the two guys

15. ISAIAH MCGUIRE Missouri 3rd-4th 4SR 6043 268 4.76

16. NICK HAMPTON Appalachian State 3rd-4th 5SR 6022 236 4.58

17. BYRON YOUNG Tennessee 3rd-4th 5SR 6023 250 4.40 

18. DYLAN HORTON TCU 4th 5SR 6040 257 4.73 

19. TYRUS WHEAT Mississippi State 4th 5SR 6020 263 4.65 

20. K.J. HENRY Clemson 4th 5SR 6042 251 4.63 

21. DJ JOHNSON Oregon 4th-5th 6SR 6040 260 4.49 

• Beer 1