• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official UDFA thread

TheSpecialJuan

1 hour ago, 96Bravo said:

I think we'll find Hurst to be very good. He was effective in the playoffs for Cincy...especially in snowy Buffalo.

I agree completely 

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

The talent at TE was better than WR this draft.  Desperate for a DJ replacement, the brass made a rash decision.  The WR class next year is looking good. Should have gone Edge and TE or vise versa. 

Fine...as in ok, mediocre, so-so?  I couldn't agree more.  Hurst is a #2 on most teams, Thomas will struggle to find work after the Panthers finally ditch him and Tremble is a #3.  Lol, you mentioned Sullivan as if he mattered.  Don't forget about Ricci!

I understand your logic and won’t even argue that I think he’s better then you’re giving credit for but do you think a rookie TE would have had more of an impact this season then Hurst? Do you think we should have drafted and played a rookie over him and how do you view Mingo as a AJ Brown type or a jag? Because that matters I seem to see him as a young Deebo S type of  wr I can’t see a rookie TE having more of an impact then Mingo is going to have this season 

Only started more than 10 games once and only one 500+ yard season.   Going into year six and already on his 4th team.  Only target more than 40 times in two seasons; the other three seasons averaged two targets per game.

What part of any of that screams #1 TE?  It's sad that our TE room is so bad people think Hurst is a legit #1 TE.  I mean, he's definitely the  #1 TE on our team, but that's like saying a person with the highest grade in remedial studies is actually smart.

Easily you need to change your view of a TE #1 depending on the offense he’s in.. He didn’t play in 1 offense in his career where he was the number 1 option so why are you looking for Olsen, Klece, or Andrew’s numbers.. Also while you’re looking at stats show his targets his drop % his blocking grades stuff we need from a TE 1 on this team..

He was brought here to be a safety blanket for a rookie ..Something he has been proven to do.. If you’re looking for a upside guy that’s Tremble.. But our rookie needs at least 3 competent targets he can depend on Hurst, Thelien, and Sanders were brought here to be that..

Edited by WOW!!

41 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

I agree completely 

I understand your logic and won’t even argue that I think he’s better then you’re giving credit for but do you think a rookie TE would have had more of an impact this season then Hurst? Do you think we should have drafted and played a rookie over him and how do you view Mingo as a AJ Brown type or a jag? Because that matters I seem to see him as a young Deebo S type of  wr I can’t see a rookie TE having more of an impact then Mingo is going to have this season 

If Hurst plays all 17 games, I say he'll have 3-5 TDs and 400-500 yards.  That's decent production, but put a TRUE #1 TE in that spot, those numbers double.  I get it, he's a stop gap, but it would have been better to draft a guy this year and get his feet wet working with Hurst.  Hopefully we address this issue next draft.