• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More NFL News

Mr. Scot

11 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

This. What world are we living in nowadays? Safe spaces, don't name call, trigger warnings, etc. The NBA is already soft as can be ... is the NFL going to follow suit?

I saw a comedin's bit saying how back in the 80s/90s the youth would always rag on their elders for being tame and soft. Now, in 2023, for the first time ever, elders are looking at the youth and saying the teens are the soft ones lol.

Yeah football is a tough guy sport. I played for a coach like that. Everybody on the team hated him but we still did our job. We did that for free. These guys makes millions and they still complain.

1 minute ago, csx said:

Tyreek Hill

. “Man there is no other coach that has your back like EB !!” “Take that coaching and get better we all been through … it’s tough but I promise you it will make you better.”

It sucks these players can't take hard coaching these days.

I had a coach who would get in your face and scream at you. It motivated me to do better so he wouldn't yell at me all the time. If he's yelling that means you're doing something wrong. Man up and get better!

It kind of depends on how you do it.

Being an old school guy, I'm all for being tough and building winners. But even with that, there's a right way and a wrong way to do it.

Mike Ditka of all people criticized Bill Parcells for his approach. He said Parcels would break guys down until they believed they were completely incapable of playing football unless he was their coach.

How true is that? Don't know, but it doesn't sound like something I'd be in favor of.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

It sucks these players can't take hard coaching these days.

I had a coach who would get in your face and scream at you. It motivated me to do better so he wouldn't yell at me all the time. If he's yelling that means you're doing something wrong. Man up and get better!

I disagree. If you can’t motivate players without being an asshole I have no respect for you. You are not a leader.

• Pie 5
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, Martin said:

I disagree. If you can’t motivate players without being an asshole I have no respect for you. You are not a leader.

Depends on the person honestly. I've seen players quit the team because they couldn't take a coach screaming at them. Football is not for everybody.

27 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

This. What world are we living in nowadays? Safe spaces, don't name call, trigger warnings, etc. The NBA is already soft as can be ... is the NFL going to follow suit?

I saw a comedin's bit saying how back in the 80s/90s the youth would always rag on their elders for being tame and soft. Now, in 2023, for the first time ever, elders are looking at the youth and saying the teens are the soft ones lol.

And yet the generation that raised them is the one complaining about them. 

13 minutes ago, csx said:

And yet the generation that raised them is the one complaining about them. 

Hey, man ... you can only tell your kid what you think is right. They'll take that opinion to their genderless, raceless, vape-filled, body-modified, mental health first, entitled safe room and laugh at you via some emojis.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

One thing that always annoyed me about Rivera is that I felt he disclosed a lot of info that really would have been better off staying behind closed doors..

.. then you have poo stains like Joe Person and David Newton stirring the pot, manipulating it into a drama. Pieces of poo. 

Yeah, Ol' Riverboat needed to keep his mouth shut about this but he never learned that skill it seems. 

• Pie 1