• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More NFL News

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Ricky Prickles said:

God that guy is such a jerk and a cancer in all aspects of his life. Probably one of the worst team owners in history as well. I think that thief still owes his players back pay that he obviously is capable of paying yet too sorry and cheap to. Disgusting human being.

That hit he took from Burfict really seemed to change him. I think the guy might literally be brain damaged.

vontaze-burfict-antonio-brown.gif

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I didnt think Zappe looked too terrible and did have some potential that could be developed so I would do it just to have a young QB on the roster as a third.

Yup.  It wouldn't be a "waste" of a roster spot to develop a young backup.  Dalton is not a long term solution as the #2.  Heck, it was what we were attempting to do with Corral, but it just didn't work out.

• Beer 1

On 8/30/2023 at 10:49 AM, Panthera onca said:

Was last season when Riverboat was missing huge chunks of time for chemo? If so maybe he missed a lot of practices. Still no excuse not to personally evaluate all of your players, especially at the most important position.

On 8/30/2023 at 11:09 AM, Mr. Scot said:

First thing that crossed my mind too but yeah, that was a prior year.

This article is from September 2022. It goes into detail about the after affects Rivera was going through after his cancer diagnosis even 2 years after that diagnosis and gives hints about how the 2022 season was going to effect him.  It doesn't mention that he missed any practices in 2022. A person does not instantly recover from cancer treatment and it can take years. Looks like he tried to stay on top of everything but truly wasn't able to. Good on Heinecke to bring Howell to his attention. So cut the guy some slack. That Rivera is upfront about what happened is a good step in his cancer recovery.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34463044/from-mental-scars-physical-challenges-how-cancer-changed-commanders-coach-ron-rivera-life

• Beer 1