• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Was Waddell playing 4-D chess this whole time?

No he wasn't.  Waddles still didn't do what I and many others thought he should have done and got another scorer and honestly we still look anemic on offense.

The series against the Devils may expose our lack of offensive firepower unless we play great defensively.

I will say that with Svech and Turbo going down maybe it was all for the best he didn't give up the farm and instead brought up some of the farm.  😄

• Pie 4

I just don't understand why people are are so tough on Waddell.  I think he has done an incredible job of managing this team for the last decade.  Kane has a hip injury and deciding on surgery.  Meier hasn't really produced for the Devils.  Horvat scored a garbage time goal and that's about it.  I think this is more about fans not knowing what we have in our current prospects then Waddell's lack of making moves at the deadline.

Also you have to think Rod is involved with this decision.  Rod has a tendency to not want to make many moves at the deadline.  Our franchise values continuity and I appreciate that.  We're a perennial playoff team and regarded as one of the best run organizations in the NHL.  Let's keep it that way.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I just don't understand why people are are so tough on Waddell.  I think he has done an incredible job of managing this team for the last decade.  Kane has a hip injury and deciding on surgery.  Meier hasn't really produced for the Devils.  Horvat scored a garbage time goal and that's about it.  I think this is more about fans not knowing what we have in our current prospects then Waddell's lack of making moves at the deadline.

Also you have to think Rod is involved with this decision.  Rod has a tendency to not want to make many moves at the deadline.  Our franchise values continuity and I appreciate that.  We're a perennial playoff team and regarded as one of the best run organizations in the NHL.  Let's keep it that way.

Knowing what we know now. Horvat would have been perfect for us and our scheme. But he wanted the big money.

2 hours ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I think it's more of a credit to the system we have in place that we can plug and play people so well

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 hours ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

I think it's more of a credit to the system we have in place that we can plug and play people so well

The GM is responsible for finding players that fit the system right.  If we're finding players that we can plug and play into our system that only speaks more of they kind of job that Waddell is doing....all without screwing our cap up.  Think clearly men, we have great management.  This is the Charlotte Hornets here.

• Pie 1

I, by no means, think Waddles or the "Brain Trust" are bad at all. 

I do believe they made the right call on Timo and offered a very nice haul to the Sharks, but did the right thing when the Sharks wanted more.  It also makes figuring out how to sign our players a lot easier than trying to come up with a plan to keep Timo.

We knew the team was looking for another D-man to QB PP2 and be more of an offensive threat than de Haan or Coghlan (not that he was going to get the nod over de Haan anyways), so we went out and rented Ghost.  Ghost has been serviceable, but I am not sure the Canes can afford him in the off season.  It may be Maxime Lajoie next year.  Disappointed by Coghlan.

The one thing I think the Canes failed to do was find scoring.  The one trade they should have made was for Nino.  Nino knows our system, knows our players, and would have been more of an offensive threat.  I think we missed out there.

At any rate, hindsight is 20/20 and so far the Canes have been able to plug our farm guys in and have played well.  I hope it continues!!  #LFG!!!!

• Pie 2