• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

9 > 2 means New #9

TheCasillas

4 hours ago, Mega Pint of Wine said:

The kid is 24 years old and grew up in this age of social media. Its a given that he is "immature" and rightfully so being that age, and dealing with all the pressures of a draft, a team, agents in his ear about 10's of millions of dollars that is possibly on or off the table and so many others.

Somewhere in your posting history is much more immaturity than Matt Corral making an instagram post dealing with all he has to deal with. 

Yeah, no. I don't subtweet my job. My posting history on here does not affect my work livelihood and I was raised in the internet age to know the difference. Part of making millions should include that nuance IMO. We can all call it a moment and say he made a mistake but deleting the woe is me post doesn't instantly make the mentality that led to it initially not exist--another thing anyone with social media experience knows. 

• Poo 2

1 hour ago, Wundrbread33 said:

This post is far more emotional than his post. 

Odds are you know nothing about him outside of him playing football, and yet you judge his character why?

Dude is early 20’s, got hurt, has probably been busting his ass for the past year, and he had a moment. 

I can call a spade a spade. My emotions are just fine about it. Does it mean he can't learn from it? No.  Knowing him outside of football isn't relevant to calling out selfish, tunnel vision motives on a football team. It's an objectively bad look.

1 hour ago, backINblack28 said:

I can call a spade a spade. My emotions are just fine about it. Does it mean he can't learn from it? No.  Knowing him outside of football isn't relevant to calling out selfish, tunnel vision motives on a football team. It's an objectively bad look.

Judging people without knowing them certainly is relevant. 

But you do you boo. 

4 hours ago, rebelrouser said:

Most annoying thing about the fan base right now.  I don't get it.  

I had a theory that Corral was catching hate because people didn’t want him resulting in us not drafting Young/Stroud. 

But we drafted Young and…with a choice crowd it seems worse now? So I really don’t get it at this point. 

4 hours ago, rebelrouser said:

Most annoying thing about the fan base right now.  I don't get it.  

He's in a rough spot.  He's essentially going into his rookie season drafted in the 3rd round behind the #1 overall pick.  He didn't look awesome in preseason last year.  If he sticks around, he'll get another shot, but may end up on PS.

1 hour ago, Stuart Smith said:

Do you know it was the teams decision? Did he not initiate the change?

It's called a joke and the perfect GIF/meme to fit it, calm down.

Pretty likely that he asked for #2 the second DJ was traded anyways, but even he didn't, if I'm the team I'm taking his number from him and giving it to the #1 pick, particularly after that IG post.  I'd have done it to Clausen too if it was up to me to be frank.

I'm sorry, but once you take a QB #1, it's clear it is their franchise moving forward, doesn't matter if you were drafted well the year before, you're now a backup at best, sorry kid, that's the NFL.  He literally never suited up in a regular season game because he was hurt and is already unlikely to suit up this year outside of injury needs, the number belongs to the #1 pick and franchise QB, sorry kid.

Edited by tukafan21