• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young - Get to Know

Bear Hands

Also didn't realize he grew up in Pasadena.  For those wanting some really good reads on his background:

https://210prepsports.com/2021/12/13/alabama-quarterback-bryce-young-becomes-first-pasadena-athlete-to-win-heisman-trophy/

https://people.com/sports/bryce-young-everything-to-know/

Growing up, Young was also an avid basketball player, having attended youth basketball camps. In fact, he shared on his podcast that if he were a "little bit taller," he might have pursued the sport full-time. Instead, he stuck to playing recreationally. One of his childhood coaches recalled that Young was already incredibly skilled early on.

"He was athletic, his handle was really good, his shot was good, his decision making was good, he could guard. He was a really good all-around point guard," his coach Mike Teller told AL.com in 2021. "I've been doing this for going on 19 years, and in my opinion, there is no doubt he would have been a Division I point guard."

While Young didn't pursue basketball after high school, he has credited the sport with instilling discipline in his training regimen.

"I feel like that really helped me as far as … building a routine and kind of staying at something," Young said on his podcast. "There's a lot of correlation between doing that and stuff I do now, as far as being scheduled, being on a routine, understanding the importance of a daily grind and staying at something and improving."

Edited by Bear Hands
  • Pie 1

I can't stop looking at the shiny rectangle under his chin on the top of his shirt..  WTF is that?  lol I'm old so maybe some new hip style but I just kept trying to figure out what it was.  Like he pulled off a sticker from there and that was the residue.  🙂

Edited by Obeg
  • Beer 2

Paid in Full fan. Alright, alright.

One things for sure; he sure does seem pretty genuine. Doesn’t come off as fake or scripted, at all. Can’t wait to see how his career unfolds. Hopefully, he takes over as being the best ever Panthers QB, player, and he brings multiple super bowls to the Carolinas. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2