• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Devils Round 2 Game 3 3:30 puck drop

Refocus and get back to the Game 1 defense.

1. NJ had a lot of good looks in Game 2 and Freddie played exceptionally well, but it should not have been that easy for them. A lot of high danger and Grade A's in front of the net. NJ had a lot of shots on goal.

2. Timo Meier was on the doorstep more than a few times, it's only a matter of time unless the Canes get back to their style of defense.

3. Little doubt that Vacacek will start in goal for NJ. Need to get to him early, he's played pretty well considering he's come off the bench in the first 2 games.

4. NJ on home ice will have last change and I'm not very comfortable with the Canes 4th line and their lack of speed likely getting stuck on the ice with the Devils speedsters. 

Face down this challenge, win today and I think they sweep. If not, steal the Tuesday game and come home with a 3-1 series lead.

• Pie 3

Big difference between the Canes and Devils series and the Devils and Rangers series is that the Devils were at home when they went down 2-0 to New York. People want to talk about adjustments but let’s be real, Schmid won the series for New Jersey and Carolina has already got to him.

I don’t think home ice is as important in this series as it was in the previous series against the Islanders. The Islanders like us limit chances and once you go down it’s hard to come back. I don’t think that’s the case with New Jersey. Even if Hughes gets going, I think New Jersey will still press and be vulnerable on the defensive end. We may give up some goals but I think we can win a shootout in this series.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Beer 1

Heal well sweet prince!

Looks like we got Kucci holding down the bench again this afternoon.

This is a low key genius move... if things get too chippy we got a bulldog we cam throw out there to drop the gloves!

fight me GIF by Sky

• Pie 1

Honesty guys. We were in this position last year. Up 2-0 on the rangers. We worked hard and have our chance at a redo. This time around, we don’t have to worry about an elite goalie and our goalies are playing great.  Plus, and here is the big one….we are scoring!  

win today 4-2 canes. Book it. 

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Honesty guys. We were in this position last year. Up 2-0 on the rangers. We worked hard and have our chance at a redo. This time around, we don’t have to worry about an elite goalie and our goalies are playing great.  Plus, and here is the big one….we are scoring!  

win today 4-2 canes. Book it. 

We are not playing a physical team this year like the Rangers were last year. We played that team (the islanders) last series. We can match speed with speed for the most part. We have clearly been the more physical team against the devils and they don’t like it. I loved Dougie as a cane, but he wants no part of the physical game, so Burns is a cut above Hamilton if you ask me. We just have to keep on the forecheck and limit their chances. If we do that I like our chances. I do not believe we will sweep them so just take it one game at a time.

Edited by philit99
  • Beer 1