• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top 5 panthers of each 10 year period

NAS

13 minutes ago, joemac said:

Luke?  If a guy is considered one of the top 2 or 3 players at his position in maybe a generation, I would say he deserves to be up there.  I think Luke ends up in Canton one day. 

That's what I'm saying, I don't know. The ellipsis implied there were more I could put in there. Thise weren't the only ones I could consider. Peppers too. Thomas Davis for a lot of the reason Sam Mills is up there, he personified 'keep pounding '.

I can't pick a GOAT. I just can't.

And I won't, dammit. You can't make me. None of you can.

get out gotham GIF by HULU

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Better question is who is the GOAT Panther?

I think Juluis Peppers if we talking impact and talent. 6'7 280 dude was something at his peak.

Assuming we’re not including like Kevin green or Reggie white in this list, it’s between smith, like and peppers. 

Smith just never had the consistent production that Julius did. That wasn’t his fault of course. Part of me wishes we’d traded him to New England in 2010, just to see what kind of numbers he could have put up. 

luke was the best at his position from the second he took the field and is a first ballot hall of gamer. 

Edited by electro's horse

Not sure an MVP would make a player qualified to be the GOAT. 

MVP's are almost always QB's, followed up by running backs. 

That automatically eliminates that reward as even being in the conversation.  

So what qualities does a GOAT need to have?

Consistent production obviously. Should it be production high enough to be considered one of the best and their position? 

Leadership has to be part of the equation. 

Not just impact on the field, but within the franchise too. 

Sam Mills, consistent production, unbelievable leader, and his impact on this franchise, literally can't be measured. 

Julius Peppers - an absolute monster at his position,  consistency,  plus one of the best to ever play the position. 

Thomas Davis - natural born leader. Consistency on the field, and quite literally personified "keep pounding"

Luke Kuechly- arguably the BEST MLB Of his generation  Natural leader.  He lead some very very good defenses. 

Pretty difficult picking a favorite child. 

12 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Consistent production obviously. Should it be production high enough to be considered one of the best and their position? 

Sam Mills, consistent production, unbelievable leader, and his impact on this franchise, literally can't be measured. 

Julius Peppers - an absolute monster at his position,  consistency,  plus one of the best to ever play the position. 

Thomas Davis - natural born leader. Consistency on the field, and quite literally personified "keep pounding"

Luke Kuechly- arguably the BEST MLB Of his generation  Natural leader.  He lead some very very good defenses. 

This is debatable Patrick Willis and Bobby Wagner both have a case to be in the conversation.

Luke is the best Panther of all time, the four year stretch 2012-2016 Kuechly is one of the best defenders in the history of the game, up there with LT, Deion Sanders, Ray Lewis, Reggie White, Aaron Donald, Mean Joe Greene, and Ed Reed. Panthers have never had another player on that level, the next two closest would be Peppers and Smith

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Best player we've ever had at arguably the toughest position in all of sports.  Cam is it.... and I'm honestly not even a big fan of his... but he's absolutely our best and most influential player ever.

9 hours ago, scpanther22 said:

Still contend Smith was one the best WR ever... in a bigger market he would have been more known in his prime

Smith is legitimately one of the best of all time. Probably top 5-8 imo.

People don't realize it but if you do the research, it's astounding how many less targets Smith got compared to his contemporaries at the time. I'm talking like 30-40, to sometimes 50 less targets per season.

I'll go to my grave saying that Smith was better than Harrison, Wayne, Bruce, Holt, and Larry Fitzgerald. Had he got to play with Manning, Warner, or Brady in his prime he would have embarrassed their numbers. 

Edited by OneBadCat