• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hit my goal

ladypanther

3 hours ago, Paa Langfart said:

that isnt a terrible time - I don't swim for speed nor do I have  any sort of great classic form in the water - I do a modified breast stroke on one lap and modified backstroke on the return and repeat.  Bout the longest I swim is 45 minutes straight.

I alternate laps freestyle and backstroke.  The latter is really good for the back muscles which I really needed. 45 min is good.  When you start back don't do too much ...build up gradually.  I learned that the hard way.  Realized I've got nothing but time. I swim M-W-F.  Do the treadmill (which I hate) and a couple of other things T-X.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Very impressive and I seriously doubt I could do that right now.  100 is a lot!  Well done!

TYVM...I started swimming a year ago in March after controlling a medical condition I  previously did not know I had that was zapping my energy (Celiac disease).  When I 1st started swimming I could not go a full lap.  My goal was to be doing something in the pool for 30 min.  I have had a couple of setbacks...a rotator cuff strain and knee strain (known as swimmer's knee).   Worked on strengthening those areas, learned to use better technique and be patient. As they say...1 step at a time.

• Pie 2

Good for you. My wife just got us a membership over at Phifer so now I have no excuses. The combo of the pandemic and moving back to the south has been brutal for me. I've put on about 30 pounds on the past three years. I'm 40 now and it just happens a lot easier than it used to and away from CO I don't have constant snowboarding to both remind me when I'm getting out of shape and motivate me to be in shape. I really need to get back into mountain biking. The snowboarding in western NC is trash but the mountain biking is legit. I just need actual motivation to stay in shape and I haven't had it the past couple of years. I've been fly fishing too damn much. I love fly fishing but as long as you're in shape to hike a couple of miles that's really all it takes.

23 hours ago, ladypanther said:

100 laps in the pool this morning.

2500 yds

25 football fields

1.42 miles.

Not bad for an old girl. 😎

Impressive.  

WOW ,, 100 laps is so impressive.  I use to do 20 laps when younger lol,, So yes, very impressive 

• Beer 1