• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft lottery talk

CamWhoaaCam

PJ is restricted, so do you think Kuzma (realistic target for mle or similar) is that much better than PJ. Could renounce PJ, clear his cap hold, then sign Kuzma with that money than go get Seth with the mle. 

So got 

Ball, Rozier, Bridges, Kuzma, Williams

Scoot, Curry, Oubre, Jones, Richards

Plus two late draft picks on top of that. 

Thats ten deep and at least 6th to 8th seed in the east if healthy. 

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Now this makes a lot more sense.

That's what I said. Build the roster without breaking the bank.  I am actually fine with Melo in the long term but see merit in moving on and reloading with Scoot. I also don't want to reward stupidity with Bridges.  I get it he is a talented young player but am not scared to move on and save money by trying to find a draft prospect to replace him. I think Miller is bunting instead of a grand slam. Scoot is the best player in the draft cause skinny big men from out of country are sucker bets.  Give me the generational talent.  Miller and his choice of friends scares me. I know he did nothing wrong right.  But we wouldn't be talking bout if he didnt do a LIL something. 

Miller had mono and hasn't worked out a lot since April when he got it, so his workout was sub a bit. Scoot impressed especially with his shooting.  Shot selection is still a huge question mark but his work ethic makes him a less gamble then most other prospects with his ? marks. I think the team is now seriously considering Scoot but still think Miller is the pick as of right now. 

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

Miller had mono and hasn't worked out a lot since April when he got it, so his workout was sub a bit. Scoot impressed especially with his shooting.  Shot selection is still a huge question mark but his work ethic makes him a less gamble then most other prospects with his ? marks. I think the team is now seriously considering Scoot but still think Miller is the pick as of right now. 

God help us if that is the case. One more parting shot from MJ before he gives the team to the new owners. Miller over Scoot would be a Bobcats move, through and through.

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

The workout is overblown. Just tank tops and shorts and freelancing with nobody guarding you. Of course Scoot had the better workout he's a more explosive athlete.

What we can't do is let the workout fool us. Film shows you who the better player is. Miller puts the ball in the hoop all over the court. Scoot is a athletic rim attacker who can also facilitate an offense.

I can see why we favor Miller we already have a star at pg and if Miller is on the same level as Scoot as a prospect at that point you just pick the better fit.

Saying that I will be happy with either of these guys I just prefer Miller based off the tape.

1 hour ago, OldNorthPowell said:

God help us if that is the case. One more parting shot from MJ before he gives the team to the new owners. Miller over Scoot would be a Bobcats move, through and through.

Parting shot?

MJ is still very muched involved with this franchise. He's just not cutting the major checks anymore. It's why he is still in control of this draft selection. MJ still has a small stake in ownership. We can't officially say he is gone.lol

Just reading through this thread is mind blowing on how many of ya'll are poo-pooing on Miller. A 6'9 or 6'10 wing with position versatility and can shoot the cover off the ball and ya'll don't want that??...Scoot Henderson is a 6'2 guard that need the ball in his hands to be effective. Dynamic point guards do not win NBA Championships, Damain  Lillard anyone? Wings are what NBA teams covet. Scoot Henderson is a dynamic talent no doubt, but the NBA have seen that kind of act before. A Melo/Scoot Henderson backcourt would get eaten alive defensively. This just my opinion. With the 27th pick I would like to see them go Colby Jones or the Swather kid from Gonzaga.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, NavyVet said:

Just reading through this thread is mind blowing on how many of ya'll are poo-pooing on Miller. A 6'9 or 6'10 wing with position versatility and can shoot the cover off the ball and ya'll don't want that??...Scoot Henderson is a 6'2 guard that need the ball in his hands to be effective. Dynamic point guards do not win NBA Championships, Damain  Lillard anyone? Wings are what NBA teams covet. Scoot Henderson is a dynamic talent no doubt, but the NBA have seen that kind of act before. A Melo/Scoot Henderson backcourt would get eaten alive defensively. This just my opinion. With the 27th pick I would like to see them go Colby Jones or the Swather kid from Gonzaga.

People just love the flashy athletic guards. Scoot is fun to watch but those guys are proven that they can't win you championships.

Give me the 6'9 wing who can shoot and play multiple positions. Also Miller game is not as pleasing to watch because he's not a athletic freak. He just knows how to score. Hopefully the Scoot fans embrace him if he is the pick.

• Pie 1