• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christian McCaffrey calls trade to 49ers “the best thing that ever happened to me”

ladypanther

Cam needed an OL, new coaches, and better WRs more than anything.

CMC was great with Cam. Since Cam broke, CMC didn't do much more than break here too so the last few years it was like CMC wasn't really here anyways. I don't really miss him, but it's kind of hard to miss someone you only saw play 3 games a season.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Cam needed an OL, new coaches, and better WRs more than anything.

CMC was great with Cam. Since Cam broke, CMC didn't do much more than break here too so the last few years it was like CMC wasn't really here anyways. I don't really miss him, but it's kind of hard to miss someone you only saw play 3 games a season.

Yeah, hence why a select few of us were so down on the contract extension. You just don't pay RB's that kind of money, not even ones with his ability. This isn't the 90's NFL.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, hence why a select few of us were so down on the contract extension. You just don't pay RB's that kind of money, not even ones with his ability. This isn't the 90's NFL.

drafting him was great. he was great throughout that rookie contract.

after that...it was time to move on. it would have been hard for some, but you just don't need to expend much in the way of resources on an RB of any caliber. CMC was a luxury. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, rayzor said:

after that...it was time to move on. it would have been hard for some, but you just don't need to expend much in the way of resources on an RB of any caliber. CMC was a luxury. 

But we had a braintrust that was also stuck in the past. It obviously made sense to them.

Oh well, that era is over. Nothing we can do about it now but move on.

I will say that as much as I respect CMC as an amazing player, I don't wish him a bunch of success as a 49er. He kind of said "fug us" and so I feel similarly back. He isn't quite at DeAngelo levels but I will be curious to see if he keeps throwing some shade at us and if the fans turn on him as quickly as they did Williams.

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, poundaway said:

If Young pans out, it will be.  We used the 2nd from CMC to get Young.

Yeah, if Young becomes a top 10 QB in the league then eventually CMC will be a footnote in Panthers history.

It's not really related to him but we only had one winning season in his entire Panthers career. Most of us are going to be very eager to move on from those memories.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

I get not overpaying for him, but any suggestion that we aren't a better team with a player like that on the roster is pure fantasy. And any GM in the league would tell you that.

We misused him, we overpaid him, we didn't have good enough blocking for him, we had absolutely awful coaching and in the end made the right decision to trade him, but having a player of that caliber makes a team better.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 3