• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking ahead (staff speculation)

Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Unless we make the nfc championship game at minimum this season I do not think we will have to worry about losing staff.  Until we actually win something its not a problem. 

Did all of our new coaches come from championship teams?

(hell, out head coach was fired from a sh-tty team)

38 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Oooooo...that sounds bad.  For my own comfort I am going to remind myself that team has a batshit crazy owner.  That should work right?

Edited by ladypanther
typo
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Frank getting a new gig was expected.  I doubt very seriously the rest get poached but if they do Frank's got this.

10 minutes ago, PantherKyle said:

If we lose a coordinator to a HC role, it would mean good things for our 2023 season. 

Chudzinski got the Browns HC gig after we went 7-9. We went a combined 13-19 in his two seasons.

The team doesn't have to be good for a coordinator to get plucked, just his unit.

• Pie 2

51 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think he really wants to prove he can have a high level of success post-Brady. It's all about ego IMO. Mac Jones ain't it and I think he knows it. Hell, might as well give Bailey Zappe a legit shot.

Man, I gotta be honest, ego is something that is very foreign to me, at least once you have proven yourself.

At some point, what's left to prove?  Just go enjoy what little time you have left with your family and friends.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Man, I gotta be honest, ego is something that is very foreign to me, at least once you have proven yourself.

At some point, what's left to prove?  Just go enjoy what little time you have left with your family and friends.

He might have been a lot more willing do that but then Brady went and got a ring without him and that has folks chirping that the Pats' success was a lot more about Tom Brady than it was about him.

• Pie 1

We have 3 future HC's on the staff and all are black, it would be okay to lose one of them after this year since we'd still have 2 left, but keeping at least 2, if not all 3, around for 2 seasons is key.

You get a Third round pick 2 years in a row after they get the HC jobs, if we can get an extra 6 third round picks over the course of 2-4 years, that's significant.

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 1

31 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Oooooo...that sounds bad.  for my own comfort I am going to remind myself that team has a batshit crazy owner.  That should work right?

Well they went 3-5-1 with Frank, fired him and went 1-7 the rest of the stretch. We on the other hand were 1-4 with the other guy, fired him and went 6-6 with basic addition by subtraction. They also made the playoffs twice in 5 years when they had decent QB play, and 2019 they got screwed with the Andrew Luck retirement 3 weeks into preseason and still managed to go 7-9

21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He might have been a lot more willing do that but then Brady went and got a ring without him and that has folks chirping that the Pats' success was a lot more about Tom Brady than it was about him.

Thats where I don't get it....

Brady is moving on....why not do the same and go spend the time with your wife and kids that you haven't had in the past 40 years?

Maybe you hate your wife and kids, or maybe they hate you, but gosh, I hope I'm never in that spot.

9 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

That's where I don't get it....

Brady is moving on....why not do the same and go spend the time with your wife and kids that you haven't had in the past 40 years?

Maybe you hate your wife and kids, or maybe they hate you, but gosh, I hope I'm never in that spot.

For good or bad, Bill Belichick will be remembered after the rest of us are long forgotten.  If he cares about his legacy, he'll want to prove it wasn't mostly about hitching his wagon to Tom Brady.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth

9 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Thats where I don't get it....

He probably would've been a lot more willing to do that before Brady went and got a ring without him. Now you have a lot of folks chirping about how the Pats' success had a lot more to do with Brady than it did Belichick and no doubt he hears it.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, ladypanther said:

Oooooo...that sounds bad.  For my own comfort I am going to remind myself that team has a batshit crazy owner.  That should work right?

You'd be correct.

That's kind of the point though. You can't necessarily predict a coach's success by where he was before.

Sometimes guys who come out of great situations fail (See: Belichick Coaching Tree) while guys who come out of bad situations succeed (McVay, Payton and others).