• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral deserves a fair shot

Jmac

Where’s all this fire for our other 3rd string players at other positions? We’ve got our Future in Young and our insurance/mentor for the next couple years in Dalton. Where does a 3rd round injury prone QB (in a terrible QB draft) who looked garbage last preseason plus he already sulked when Bryce was drafted fit in? 

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You can say the same about Corral.

Excuse me for having "hope" in Bryce Young. When we trade what we did for him I think the coaches also believe he will be that guy.

Nothing against Corral, im just trying to figure out why people think he's in the picture. This will be Bryce Young's team moving forward.

He's in the picture because he's still a Panther at this moment. BY has done nothing at the NFL level yet. How his game and size translates to the pros remains to be seen. Corral has done nothing either and hasn't had a real opportunity to do so. 

I don't care if it's Corral, BY or Dalton. I'm sick of this team losing. Corral was given a poo opportunity from Rhule. Mental reps are a joke, especially from Rhule's staff. Matt Rhule made Adam Gase look like a damn savant. 

We've seen all to well that being a highly drafted QB is no guarantee of success. We can't lose objectivity just because of where either were drafted. I'm not down on BY. He's just about the same as Corral right now in his NFL development. I'm not high on Corral. They're both very young QBs and whoever gives us the best chance to win should be given the reigns to the team. I feel pretty much the same about both of them. 

We have the benefit of having 2 young QBs on rookie contracts with one of the best staffs, on paper, to develop them. If we can develop both, it's possible to trade the other like NE did with Jimmy G. If BY busts and Corral is the guy, we're good. If Corral busts and BY is the guy, we're good. If they both bust, move on. If they both kick ass, trade the 2nd best, get some assets and get better. At this point draft assets spent are a sunk cost. Let the best man start. Win some games and start making some playoff runs and for the love of God, have back to back winning seasons. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

5 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I don't live on "what if's"...

What's wrong with me believing BY will live up to the hype?

I guess we should only have 1 qb on the roster then, actually we don't need backups at any position

1 hour ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

He's in the picture because he's still a Panther at this moment. BY has done nothing at the NFL level yet. How his game and size translates to the pros remains to be seen. Corral has done nothing either and hasn't had a real opportunity to do so. 

I don't care if it's Corral, BY or Dalton. I'm sick of this team losing. Corral was given a poo opportunity from Rhule. Mental reps are a joke, especially from Rhule's staff. Matt Rhule made Adam Gase look like a damn savant. 

We've seen all to well that being a highly drafted QB is no guarantee of success. We can't lose objectivity just because of where either were drafted. I'm not down on BY. He's just about the same as Corral right now in his NFL development. I'm not high on Corral. They're both very young QBs and whoever gives us the best chance to win should be given the reigns to the team. I feel pretty much the same about both of them. 

We have the benefit of having 2 young QBs on rookie contracts with one of the best staffs, on paper, to develop them. If we can develop both, it's possible to trade the other like NE did with Jimmy G. If BY busts and Corral is the guy, we're good. If Corral busts and BY is the guy, we're good. If they both bust, move on. If they both kick ass, trade the 2nd best, get some assets and get better. At this point draft assets spent are a sunk cost. Let the best man start. Win some games and start making some playoff runs and for the love of God, have back to back winning seasons. 

I can't help you bud. It's not hard to realize what we had to give up for Bryce Young he's going to be our guy. Im not about to debate Matt freaking Corral being our QB of the future.

We can agree to disagree on this.

On 5/19/2023 at 7:39 PM, Jmac said:

Rhule and his clown show put the kid behind the eight ball from the get go. Yes he is a third round pick and in the few snaps he did get looked lost.

The staff needs to see what he can do and actually give him a fair shot. If he shats the bed, so be it. 

Give him reps and a full camp and see what happens. Dalton doesn't need much to hit the ground running. Need to do the right thing and see what they can do with the kid.

I am an Ole Miss grad.  I would love to see Corral get a fair shot.  My complaint is, I have seen a lot of talented Ole Miss quarterbacks fail in the NFL.  The exception being Eli Manning.

the reason they fail is due to Mental issues. Corral may not be mentally ready.  One of the tests is how you play in adversity.  Corral had a chance to play during preseason, last year.  Sometimes you have to prove yourself, despite playing for coaches, such as Rhules.

I do think Corral has talent and a lot of potential.  I am anxious to see how he plays, this preseason.  Meanwhile I still wonder where Chad Kelly is.  Last I heard, he was in the house of somebody he doesn’t know, watching television.

32 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Can you read?

I clearly said Darnold will be the backup QB.

I guess you can't read.  What I quoted says nothing about Darnold, just that your not worried about what ifs.  You're clearly also not concerned about having the best players on the team possible. If Corral gets more reps and becomes an asset to the team, even as a third string, then it benefits the team.

Edited by jfra78

7 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

I guess you can't read.  What I quoted says nothing about Darnold, just that your not worried about what ifs.  You're clearly also not concerned about having the best players on the team possible. If Corral gets more reps and becomes an asset to the team, even as a third string, then it benefits the team.

That's good man I hope Corral can get the backup spot. If he does that's great. But this is the Bryce Young era.