• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OTAs

poundaway

11 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Corral is literally the only one that could throw a 70 yard hail mary. Didn't someone sub in to throw one for Cam after his shoulder issues? It's a thing

Well considering the longest throw in NFL history was Baker Mayfield’s 70.5yd Hail Mary that wasn’t even a completion, I’d say it is literally not a thing.

• Pie 8

19 hours ago, pantherj said:

Looks like Dalton is suffering from old man noodle arm. I hope he hasn't fully crashed into the wall. Corral is zipping the ball around nicely and on target. In no world is Dalton ahead of Corral if things continue this way.

Its way too early in this process to determine anything right now.  These practices mean almost nothing.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, WUnderhill said:

Well considering the longest throw in NFL history was Baker Mayfield’s 70.5yd Hail Mary that wasn’t even a completion, I’d say it is literally not a thing.

Reportedly, Randall Cunningham once threw it 76 yards in the air in 1993.

23 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

Reportedly, Randall Cunningham once threw it 76 yards in the air in 1993.

That wasn’t during a game. You can find all sorts of reports of guys doing things at pro days, practice, whatever. Baker Mayfield’s 70.5 yard attempt during an actual game was the longest in history. So unless we’re concerned with how far they can throw in shorts with no defense, it’s probably not worth mentioning the unrecorded fables of NFL lore such as Cunningham’s 76 or Mahomes throwing out of Arrowhead stadium or Uncle Rico throwing it over the mountains.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

That wasn’t during a game. You can find all sorts of reports of guys doing things at pro days, practice, whatever. Baker Mayfield’s 70.5 yard attempt during an actual game was the longest in history. So unless we’re concerned with how far they can throw in shorts with no defense, it’s probably not worth mentioning the unrecorded fables of NFL lore such as Cunningham’s 76 or Mahomes throwing out of Arrowhead stadium or Uncle Rico throwing it over the mountains.

Uncle Rico threw it across the state of Montana. Get yer facts straight.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1

So why the hell do we need a QB that can throw the ball 70 yards when it's not done by anyone in games?

Cannon for an arm is such an overrated trait. I'll take ball placement and touch over that poo any day. So much more important.

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

On 6/1/2023 at 3:45 PM, joemac said:

Bryce throws one of the most catchable balls I think i've ever seen.  Kid is money. 

That's a lot bigger deal than some know or will admit.

Fans love watching the guy with the rocket arm throw high velocity passes a lot more than receivers enjoy catching them.

Hell, some of Favre's guys ended up with broken fingers

• Pie 6

5 hours ago, Eric4280 said:

Can we stop this? Bryce flung the ball 55 yards against GA on a sluggo in the conference championship game with zero forward momentum. We keep limiting what Bryce can and can’t do and it’s annoying. He has arm.

4 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

if he keeps his 8-1 TD-INT ratio, he can throw passes however he wants

FACTS

• Pie 1