• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Person's minicamp takeaways

Mr. Scot

14 hours ago, Lame Duck said:

All good.  I’m all in on Bryce Young train.  I trust no reports from minicamp or summer camp until the pads go on.  That’s when tempers rise and folks jobs are on the line and many minicamp warriors simply vanish.

Well said. I cringe every time I hear about batted balls when the o-line isn't allowed to block yet. Unfortunately, because of his size, it will be an ongoing narrative, even from our own reporters. And heaven help us if he ever so much as stubs his toe. The press will have a field day with that.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Byron Bell started on a team that went to the Super Bowl and should've been 18-0 going in. Then Von Miller and the rest of the defense happened.

He wasn't great, but he was serviceable.

The starting tackles for the 2015 team were Michael Oher and Mike Remmers.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

59 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It wasn't Remmers' fault. He was a decent RT he just had an Achilles heel of elite speed rushers. That was exposed Imin the second to last regular season game by Beasley of the Falcons. For some reason, Ron and Shula just thought he'd be able to block the premier speed rusher in the NFL on the biggest stage of the game. Then Wade Phillips knew how Shula would adjust keeping in extra blockers so he just sent extra blitzers if their man stayed in to block to negate the help.

Way too many people blame Mike Remmers for that loss. That loss was Wade Phillips taking Mike Shula to school.

No I get it. It was a bad matchup with no game plan and no adjustments by our staff. That was peak Von Miller who was dominating a lot of RTs one on one. You have to send help…

19 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

No I get it. It was a bad matchup with no game plan and no adjustments by our staff. That was peak Von Miller who was dominating a lot of RTs one on one. You have to send help…

Actually, it's been reported since that somebody was told to give him help. They just didn't do it.

It's been speculated who and why, but I've never seen anything definitive.

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Remmers vs Von Miller still gives me nightmares.... 

Those hits on Cam gives me worst nightmares.

We loss a lot of yardage from those hits to the head not being called. I honestly believe the NFL did not want Cam Newton beating Peyton Manning on his farewell tour.

• Pie 4

26 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Actually, it's been reported since that somebody was told to give him help. They just didn't do it.

It's been speculated who and why, but I've never seen anything definitive.

So a player was asked to give help, refused all game and the coaches did nothing about it while their MVP QB was getting physically destroyed? Sounds a little fabricated to me…

57 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

So a player was asked to give help, refused all game and the coaches did nothing about it while their MVP QB was getting physically destroyed? Sounds a little fabricated to me…

It recall it coming from a reliable source (Gantt maybe, not dead certain). 

Pretty sure we discussed it here. Someone theorized it was Mike Tolbert but I forget why.

4 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

Byron Bell started on a team that went to the Super Bowl and should've been 18-0 going in. Then Von Miller and the rest of the defense happened.

Bell is the worst lineman in panthers history. He wasnt even on the team in 2015. You are confusing him with Oher.

4 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

1. Byron Bell wasn't on that superbowl team

2. Byron Bell is THE worst lineman in Panthers history

• Pie 1

On 6/15/2023 at 5:36 PM, GRWatcher said:

I've been a Blackshear fan from the beginning. He was signed by the Bills as an UDFA and ended up on their practice squad where we snatched him. His kick return skills are awesome, his hands are good and his seeing the entire field is good. Reminds me of Rod Smart "He Hate Me". I'm hoping for big things from him.

I had similar thoughts about Blackshear. 

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Tolbert must not like this rumor because it would have been him.