• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Miller's gun case

MechaZain

7 minutes ago, Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks said:

Miles and his co-defendant actually have a good chance of being found not guilty due to self-defense. The victim's boyfriend allegedly fired the first shots.

Did you expect a defense attorney to say something different?

Miller's attorney, Jim Standridge, released a statement in which he pushed back on the idea that Miller was directly involved in the shooting.

Standridge claimed that Miles asked Miller to drive him to the strip earlier in the evening, and Miles left his gun in the back seat of Miller's vehicle. Miller never saw the gun or handled it, per Standridge's statement, as it was concealed under some clothing.

Miller was unaware that there was any argument, and he was already on his way to pick up Miles before a message was sent regarding the gun, per Standridge's statement. 

"Brandon never touched the gun, was not involved in its exchange to Mr. Davis in any way, and never knew that illegal activity involving the gun would occur," the statement said in part.

The statement also noted that Miller had "fully cooperated" with the investigation and "submitted to multiple interviews."

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

It belonged to him and was accidentally left in Miller’s car. You want this 19 year old to ask 20 questions before returning a teammate his legal property? I really encourage people to read the facts on this case. He stated he was already in route to pick up Miles and Davis before he got the text about the gun and didn’t even realize it was left back there.

Poor choice of teammates to hang out with 100%. Should have paid more attention as to what was entering and leaving his car 100%. It was poor judgment but he is still a free man because he legally did nothing wrong.

They don't care about the actual case. They just here to troll Miller.

Look at the title "Miller's gun case"

Miller has been cleared. But they think the gun was actually Miller's.smh

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Miller's attorney, Jim Standridge, released a statement in which he pushed back on the idea that Miller was directly involved in the shooting.

Standridge claimed that Miles asked Miller to drive him to the strip earlier in the evening, and Miles left his gun in the back seat of Miller's vehicle. Miller never saw the gun or handled it, per Standridge's statement, as it was concealed under some clothing.

Miller was unaware that there was any argument, and he was already on his way to pick up Miles before a message was sent regarding the gun, per Standridge's statement. 

"Brandon never touched the gun, was not involved in its exchange to Mr. Davis in any way, and never knew that illegal activity involving the gun would occur," the statement said in part.

The statement also noted that Miller had "fully cooperated" with the investigation and "submitted to multiple interviews."

Miller’s attorney……….

8 hours ago, saX man said:

Yeah, there's a few fine lines here. 

Pushback will say he didn't do anything, shouldn't be punished, it was a teammate, he was a "DD" sure.  Fine, let's accept he's not culpable under the law, and was just at the behest of his older teammate as a DD...that doesn't mean you should take him with the #2 overall pick.  It means he shouldn't go to jail. 

The text said "Bring me my gun".  He made a bad call and has to live with it.  The Tuscaloosa PD, Sponsored by the Crimson Tide, deemed he was not an accessory.  So at this point, let's take him for his word and the PD for their investigation.  K.  Bad judgement, shady situation.  

Where I'm even more nervous is his demeanor and interviews. Personality is everything in an NBA locker room.  It's not 53 guys and 15 coaches.  We don't have any real vet leaders and a bunch of goofy kids, Bouknight's partying-to-pass-out self and potentially a legit wife beater coming back in Bridges.  I already don't trust the brothership Lamelo+Bridges have, Lamelo needs to be shown how to lead.  Miller seems introverted, very pushable, and has the personality of a wet paper bag.  He just makes me so freaking nervous being thrown into this locker room.

He's got a shot.  We've got a guy who has off ball skills from deep.  Nervous about his defense in the pros when at the 3 & his on-ball driving skills.  Rim stats were bad.   A lot to be quite hesitant about and fair that so many fans are ticked off.  

I feel like this is a very fair assessment.  It's kind of where I'm at...  once the NBA rigged the lottery in favor of one of their storied franchises again and we ended up with the fuging shitty ass consolation prize ONCE AfugINGGAIN.  From Okafor to MKG, I'm tired of the poo.  And we go from a generational talent, possibly once in a lifetime player in VW, to oh, do you want one of these regular ass, coddled, AAU primadonna kids with huge holes in their game?  So I once I knew we lost out in the #1 pick (again), I lost all interest.  This is the least I watched, read, or listened to anything leading up to the draft.

So, once I started hearing things involuntarily about the draft, and Miller came up, I was like, "Wait, isn't that the guy that was involved in that murder?"  But, as a kid myself who was often judged by the company I kept, who made mistakes, who was viewed as a "punk," or a person from the wrong side of the tracks, I try to be objective about these things, but man...  someone asking you to bring them their gun in a public place?  Furthermore, discussing it afterwards and seemingly not aware of the gravity of the situation aside from "it almost ended my career."  Nah bro, a young mother was killed, in part, because of your involvement, fug a career.

So, once I started reading more about him as a player, him saying he looked up to Paul George over guys like LeBron and MJ, and I was just kind of over it.

As far as the involvement with the crime, I think he had much more of an idea of what was going on than what the investigation showed.  Again, as a guy that hung around places and people I shouldn't necessarily have been growing up, you tend to get a good read on what people are on - their disposition, their vibe, their intentions, etc.  And again, if someone I already feel is kind of shady asks me to bring them their gun while they're out in public (which is ridiculous in the first place bc I wouldn't be toting someone else's gun anyway), then I already know some poo is happening whether they told me or not.

So, at worst, he knew and was involved.  At best, he is extremely naive and immature.  I'm not really happy with either and feel like ultimately he is going to go the way of solid role player with a limited ceiling, like all of our other consolation #2 picks have been, if he doesn't end up having any off-court problems anyway.

I'm more excited about Nick Smith, honestly.

• Pie 1

44 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

That has shifted my view a bit.

If it's been provable that he was already on his way and didn't even know the gun was in his car, that goes a long way...

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Miller’s attorney……….

So his attorney is releasing a false statement that was also given to the police who have called him a "cooperative witness?"  So the police are in on it, the DA is in on it and his attorney is turning in a false document to the legal system??  That's a lot of hurdles to jump through to try to keep that narrative going....

20 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

If it's been provable that he was already on his way and didn't even know the gun was in his car, that goes a long way...

He was their DD that night.  He was planning on picking them up regardless.  He didn't want to wait in line to go to a club as he wasn't drinking so we went to get some food on the strip while he waited.  That's the story given to the police and it seems to check out.  They have his dashboard cam footage and everything needed to counter this story and see him innocent.  

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I'm just enjoying how far they will take this because their guy didn't get drafted.  I've heard people call the police and DA crooked in order to help Miller not get in trouble.  Meanwhile his two teammates (also Alabama players) got arrested immediately and are refused bail....  

• Pie 3

I don't understand why you people are so obsessed with talking about everyone wants Miller jailed. No one is saying he should be in Prison. I read the article and the evidence, the optics are bad, and for some reason you actually believe a statement from a lawyer isn't sugarcoated to make the defendant look the most innocent as possible. 

I've been around terrible people. I know what goes on at 2 a.m. in the morning after the club. It's called Strong Armed Robbery. I just think it's hilarious how all of the Miller Stans really believe the guy is a choir boy with earplugs in his ear when his goon friends are texting him "fetch me my joint" and "rl just go da fakin". 

It's getting comical at this point

Everyone with the logic of " He can't be a bad person because he's never been arrested before" in this thread. 

Edited by Cam Lawter
  • Pie 2

I wish the best for the kid. I hope he ends up bringing us a ton of wins, and hope he’s a model citizen and never gets in any trouble.

I have no idea what happened that night, but I’ve never hung out with guys that committed murder, and most of the athletes I pull for haven’t put themselves in that situation either.

On 6/23/2023 at 4:23 PM, CamWhoaaCam said:

No one thinks that

On 6/23/2023 at 5:09 PM, Proudiddy said:

The cops have dash cam footage of him in his car on his way before the call about the gun is even made.

• Pie 2