• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tony Deangelo

8 hours ago, cookinbrak said:

Saw an analyst say that Ghost and Burns on a PP was a guaranteed goal. We never did it. Run Ghost-Burns on PP, Slavin-Pesce on regular defense, and TDA-Chatfield on " I'ma fugging hurt you" defense.

Within days of acquiring Ghost he scored on a couple PPs right out of the gate. I thought- could be wrong- he was paired with Burns on those. Then he got moved to the 2nd unit.

I'll try to find it.

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Within days of acquiring Ghost he scored on a couple PPs right out of the gate. I thought- could be wrong- he was paired with Burns on those. Then he got moved to the 2nd unit.

I'll try to find it.

I think it was one with burns one on unit 2.

• Pie 1

A lot of valid and fair discussion ITT about what Tony brings and his limitations.

buster keaton GIF

I was very much against signing TDA in the 1st place. His reputation preceded him and I was worried he would be a malignant force in team culture and identity.

Zodiac Sign Cancer GIF by Hope is Sincere

The opposite was true. The culture changed him for the better and he fit in well on the ice to boot.

Remission GIF by 9-1-1: Lone Star

Here's the thing that hasn't been brought up yet...

Interested Go On GIF by MOODMAN

We all watched (or didnt) the Florida Panthers play for a cup because our team was too soft to punch the bully in the face and make them look like the little bitch they always were.

Angry A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

Getting a 6th dman that...

a) doesn't mind dropping a shoulder or the gloves and taking a game misconduct or 2

and

b) doesn't hurt your game plan if he's not out there on the ice

...is exactly the type of unheralded move that can pay huge dividends in the playoffs!

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

TLDR: if TDA sleeps Tchachfug in game 1, we win the ECF and are probably touring the world with a big shiny metal cup right now!

• Pie 6

I have to agree. The Canes are too often the schoolkid getting his lunch money taken. And while we all complain every time it happens, the truth is those incidents are less frequent when you have a TDA

It all comes down to timing, eye for an eye and knowing who the refs are. Svech hasn't learned that aspect of the game yet. I only wish Burns would impose and intimidate a little more. 

• Pie 3

6 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

I have to agree. The Canes are too often the schoolkid getting his lunch money taken. And while we all complain every time it happens, the truth is those incidents are less frequent when you have a TDA

It all comes down to timing, eye for an eye and knowing who the refs are. Svech hasn't learned that aspect of the game yet. I only wish Burns would impose and intimidate a little more. 

We need more players that play with grit and fire like svech. Don't care if they are goons or not,  need a few here. Lol

• Beer 1

Well here’s the thing, TD plays on the edge with a toughness we want, but his nature is to cross the line into dirt bag play. Rod was able to temper that most of the time, and I liked his play other than weak defense. but as you see as soon as he went to the Flyers he was back in dirt bag mode. I just don’t respect that. I guess Im not a whatever it takes to win at any cost to reputation kind of guy. So maybe when he shows up, and I think he will, coaches will keep him in line and demand a little more hustle on defense. We shall see.

• Beer 1

15 hours ago, DavidEng said:

Well here’s the thing, TD plays on the edge with a toughness we want, but his nature is to cross the line into dirt bag play. Rod was able to temper that most of the time, and I liked his play other than weak defense. but as you see as soon as he went to the Flyers he was back in dirt bag mode. I just don’t respect that. I guess Im not a whatever it takes to win at any cost to reputation kind of guy. So maybe when he shows up, and I think he will, coaches will keep him in line and demand a little more hustle on defense. We shall see.

TD played well when he was here - a heck of a lot better than he did in Philly and rarely did anything "dirt baggish."  He did stand up for his teammates and I think the team was tougher because of him.

Really I thought he had a great season with us, defensive flaws and all.  I think he disappeared against the Rangers for some reason and that's the only time I really was let down during his time with us.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

50 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

TD played well when he was here - a heck of a lot better than he did in Philly and rarely did anything "dirt baggish."  He did stand up for his teammates and I think the team was tougher because of him.

Really I thought he had a great season with us, defensive flaws and all.  I think he disappeared against the Rangers for some reason and that's the only time I really was let down during his time with us.

To be fair….every one disappeared against the rangers in that 2nd round. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Rocky Davis said:

He did a few trashy things when he played with us but nothing outrageous and I had no complaints about his overall play but did think he had some defensive lapses. Totally agree he added toughness and stood up for the team.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, DavidEng said:

He did a few trashy things when he played with us but nothing outrageous and I had no complaints about his overall play but did think he had some defensive lapses. Totally agree he added toughness and stood up for the team.

I think rod was able to control and channel him here so he didn’t say or do stupid poo. I think that’s why he’s sorry he left. It’s not a smart thing to do or say stupid poo when you have the Jaccob “the wraith of god” Slavin and now Brent “the hammer of toothlessness” burns in your study room. Sorry couldn’t think of another an authoritative nickname for burns. Perhaps just Ol’ Man Burns. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

I think rod was able to control and channel him here so he didn’t say or do stupid poo. I think that’s why he’s sorry he left. It’s not a smart thing to do or say stupid poo when you have the Jaccob “the wraith of god” Slavin and now Brent “the hammer of toothlessness” burns in your study room. Sorry couldn’t think of another an authoritative nickname for burns. Perhaps just Ol’ Man Burns. 

You make a great point! The guys in the locker room no doubt we’re a factor in keeping Tony on the straight and narrow and I’m sure will again.

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Remember when Tony upper cutted that guy in the balls lol, good times.

I know where he gets that low life stuff from too, I saw an interview with his dad. Dad pretty much said he was a thug, grew up that way and Tony gets it from him.

• Pie 1