• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ranking NFL coaches for 2023- Reich is 18

panthers55

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I just think he is a great fit for a rookie QB with a solid OL. Our staff is what is so great honestly. It will be hard to find a better staff from top to bottom in the league IMO.

And after we play this year I expect his ranking to improve. We are really under the radar this year which traditionally has been good for us.

• Pie 2

Just now, panthers55 said:

And after we play this year I expect his ranking to improve. We are really under the radar this year which traditionally has been good for us.

Plus he actually has full control to coach as he sees fit. Something the Colts owner would never let him have.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Plus he actually has full control to coach as he sees fit. Something the Colts owner would never let him have.

He got screwed in Indy when he had a parade of qbs after Luck retired and got little support from management. Which is why he keeps praising Fitterer and Tepper for giving him what he wants and needs. He knows how hard his job is without support from the front office.

16 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I just think he is a great fit for a rookie QB with a solid OL. Our staff is what is so great honestly. It will be hard to find a better staff from top to bottom in the league IMO.

I think its fitting that Reich is able to build the staff he wants with an owner who is willing to buy guys for him if he needs to.  Reich was shortchanged out of that in Indy.  If you recall he was hired after McDaniels backed out, which made Reich the last HC hired.  He took over a team that had a handful of guys who signed up for Josh McDaniels and were not Frank's guys.  And being the last HC hired also meant picking from leftovers instead of getting his top choices.  He actually ended up with a pretty good surrounding cast.  Unfortunately while trying to figure out the QB position he was also dealing with Nick Sirianni poaching his staff followed up by Matt Eberflus poaching his staff.

On a side note one of the red flags with Matt Patricia being hired by the Lions was that noone came with him from New England.  It either meant they didn't like him (and it turns out he was a flaming douche) or that he always had one foot back in New England and didn't want to piss off Billy B.  Every other Patriots guy has taken some coaches with him.

• Pie 2

Coaching for a lunatic like Irsay can't be easy. We can criticize Tepper, and some of it is warranted, but I think the Matt Rhule debacle taught him a hard lesson. A big part of my optimism for this season has to do with the coaching staff. Reich did a great job of getting guys he wanted. I think it says a lot about the respect he has with other coaches, since Eviro interviewed for the HC position, but came in to be Reich's DC. It is a nice change to have legitimate football people instead of a used car salesman and a bunch of his cronies that were in over their heads.  

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Lot of things to like about the staff but let's see how they perform before making claims like that. Not comparing the current group to this but everyone universally lauded our hiring of Joe Brady as OC and we all know how that turned out... No doubt there's a tremendous mix of experience and younger brighter minds bringing fresh ideas but best in the league top to bottom should be reserved for staffs that have shown results. Ours is entirely unproven right now. 

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, t96 said:

Lot of things to like about the staff but let's see how they perform before making claims like that. Not comparing the current group to this but everyone universally lauded our hiring of Joe Brady as OC and we all know how that turned out... No doubt there's a tremendous mix of experience and younger brighter minds bringing fresh ideas but best in the league top to bottom should be reserved for staffs that have shown results. Ours is entirely unproven right now. 

That's fair.  Caldwell, Capers, Tabor, and Campen are all proven though.  I think Evero and Brown ae future head coaches, but you are right they are still very young and haven't all worked together yet.  

1 hour ago, t96 said:

The talk about the coaching staff at this point is akin to how great everyone is looking in preseason every year.  We can all hope for the best,  but time and time again unreal expectations (preseason) about this team has disappointed the hell out of a lot of us Panthers fans.  At this point I refuse to be sucked into feel good groundless hype.

18 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

The talk about the coaching staff at this point is akin to how great everyone is looking in preseason every year.  We can all hope for the best,  but time and time again unreal expectations (preseason) about this team has disappointed the hell out of a lot of us Panthers fans.  At this point I refuse to be sucked into feel good groundless hype.

Join the hype!!

Come Here Lets Go GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

No I think we will be better than expected.  I am not expecting miracles with a new staff and rookie QB, but the hope is that we will be competitive and trending in the right direction as the year progresses.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 4