• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023 Charlotte Hornets Summer League

46 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He was the best player in the NCAA. You act like that SC game was it only good one. He helped Alabama get the top ranking before his injury. People need to stop overreacting about Summer League. Guess what? He might struggle as a 19 year old rookie and that’s ok and some what expected.

The burden is on the Hornets to demonstrate they are making the correct choices. When is the last time the team made the playoffs? Actually, when is the last time they won a playoff game. They have objectively the worst track record of player scouting and drafting over the last 15 years. We lucked into Melo - we wanted Weismann lol. 

The Hornets have conditioned this mindset and the fan base is rotted. I am going to assume we whiffed on another pick until it’s proven we did not. I will not willingly follow the blind. 

4 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

The burden is on the Hornets to demonstrate they are making the correct choices. When is the last time the team made the playoffs? Actually, when is the last time they won a playoff game. They have objectively the worst track record of player scouting and drafting over the last 15 years. We lucked into Melo - we wanted Weismann lol. 

The Hornets have conditioned this mindset and the fan base is rotted. I am going to assume we whiffed on another pick until it’s proven we did not. I will not willingly follow the blind. 

I don’t necessarily disagree with you, but something tells me your mindset would be different if we drafted Scoot. If so, then it’s really not about the Hornets demonstrating that they are making the correct choices, but rather the Hornets making the choices YOU think are correct. Am I wrong and you would be saying the same thing about Scoot?

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

He was drafted where he was projected to go by many. We need to hire a decent HC and staff to help develop him and many of our other young players. We can’t buy a roster in Charlotte so we need to develop one.

Crying about a 19 year old draft pick over 2 summer league games is just premature any way you dice it. Admitting this doesn’t mean someone is following the blind, it’s just logic.

3 hours ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

I’m sick and tired of hearing about Millers 41 point game against South fuging Carolina. Where the majority of his points came from spot up threes. If it’s going to take murder allegations to motivate you, I don’t want you. The #2 pick SHOULD be dominating SL. Period. Hornets going to Hornet. 

Kick rocks we don't care that you don't like Miller. Nothing is changing the pick. Accept reality.

1 hour ago, WUnderhill said:

I don’t necessarily disagree with you, but something tells me your mindset would be different if we drafted Scoot. If so, then it’s really not about the Hornets demonstrating that they are making the correct choices, but rather the Hornets making the choices YOU think are correct. Am I wrong and you would be saying the same thing about Scoot?

Yes, I was/am a Scoot Stan. And I understand the sentiment but after 15+ years of perpetual losing, atrocious drafting, poor roster management, etc., the fan base has an argument with the decisions the front office makes. When the GM says the owner has final say on all draft picks, we can read the tea leaves and infer that MJ is heavily influencing the drafting strategy. 

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

He was drafted where he was projected to go by many. We need to hire a decent HC and staff to help develop him and many of our other young players. We can’t buy a roster in Charlotte so we need to develop one.

Crying about a 19 year old draft pick over 2 summer league games is just premature any way you dice it. Admitting this doesn’t mean someone is following the blind, it’s just logic.

Maybe, but we drafted for fit and then immediately drafted guards and I have a fundamental issue with that. If we drafted Scoot, many of you (not necessarily you) would be “crying” about his performance too. The hornets have a proven track record of drafting the wrong guy. The best player in college basketball as many of you have proclaimed should be dominating the SL. 

13 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Kick rocks we don't care that you don't like Miller. Nothing is changing the pick. Accept reality.

You’re a Facebook fan. 

• Poo 1

4 hours ago, frankw said:

I'm bracing for the possibility of Scoot Henderson going off and the media roasting us.

That will most likely be what happens. It's the Hornets after all. Plus, even though I don't know who coaches his team, I'm positive he has better coaches than Clifford and Co, which will make a difference. Clifford seems like a good dude, and he might be a very good assistant coach, but the man is a bad head coach.

20 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Yes, I was/am a Scoot Stan. And I understand the sentiment but after 15+ years of perpetual losing, atrocious drafting, poor roster management, etc., the fan base has an argument with the decisions the front office makes. When the GM says the owner has final say on all draft picks, we can read the tea leaves and infer that MJ is heavily influencing the drafting strategy. 

Maybe, but we drafted for fit and then immediately drafted guards and I have a fundamental issue with that. If we drafted Scoot, many of you (not necessarily you) would be “crying” about his performance too. The hornets have a proven track record of drafting the wrong guy. The best player in college basketball as many of you have proclaimed should be dominating the SL. 

You’re a Facebook fan. 

I’d be ok with Scoot or Miller. It was a 3 player draft IMO and we missed the top pick. Miller made the most sense, but both Miller and Scoot are high ceiling young prospects. I mean Scoot went from 14 points to 16 points per game in the G League so I’d be surprised if he is an All Star his rookie year. His ceiling/skillset makes him an attractive top pick, but Miller is as well. Both players need a decent staff to help develop them. 

On 7/5/2023 at 8:48 PM, App Panther said:

Thank God I adopted the Nuggets in 2009 when I moved out here.

I still root for the Hornets, but their comedy of errors that consistently follows them is exhausting. 

See post below and literally learn about basketball. I understand that the Hornets/Bobcats have made some horrible decisions over the years, but a knowledgeable fan should still not go off the rails over a hype train and You Tube highlights. After two summer league games this is what is going on with the team and Brandon Miller. In addition, you cannot possibly say the kid flat out isn't it based off of what you saw unless you know nothing about ball, which you're showing doubts. They are literally running up the court and shooting without even passing the ball around. Last game Matt Barnes' dumbass kept talking about Miller not being aggressive enough. He would literally have to get the rebound or have the ball passed in to him and go one on five every possession. That is silly thinking and nobody else is doing that in summer league. Again, Miller's stats are similar to Chet in OKC and he's getting rave reviews. If you are going to be overtly negative just cause it's a Hornets player or team move, seriously go to the Nuggets board. This weekend we'll see what Scoot does, because last time he played against NBA rookies/sophomore talent in an All-Star game format he looked overwhelmed and struggled. 

23 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

Lol not acting like the sky is falling on a prospect after 2 summer league games = defending every bad move of the franchise? And how does anybody’s opinion on this board help or not help?

This is some serious clown poo. Some of y’all need to get a grip.

What I’m seeing is a very poorly coached squad and some young fat headed hero ballers. The organization desperately needs coaches who can coach and develop players and y’all are focused on whining about the one guy in summer league who’s not a complete dead end on offense.

We’re talking about 2 summer league games here…SUMMER LEAGUE…and Miller is leading in assists from the wing lol. Amari Bailey had ZERO assists last game. They are running zero offense and the ball stops at literally everybody but Miller. He’s not perfect but jfc.

• Pie 1

One thing i have noticed, Brandon miller has been the only top 5 pick to even play so far in summer league so he has been the whipping boy all week. This weekend everybody else will play so we will see if these critics keep the same energy for other players. We know they won't tho. 

1 hour ago, CPF4LIFE said:

One thing i have noticed, Brandon miller has been the only top 5 pick to even play so far in summer league so he has been the whipping boy all week. This weekend everybody else will play so we will see if these critics keep the same energy for other players. We know they won't tho. 

Miller was never a media favorite. They have been promoting Wemby/Scoot on ESPN since the draft.

It's crazy guys like Chet are getting praised for having underwhelming numbers like Miller. Yet they talking down on Miller.

Miller will just have to prove it when the games matter. Nobody is going to respect him until he does it on the court.