• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Viking article predicting big drop off for Thielen

panthers55

9 hours ago, MechaZain said:

This is just copium because he didn’t resign with them. The writer assumes Theilen’s our main target and doesn’t mention TMJ or Mingo at all.

Typical ex team talking down bout the one that got away. Minnesota could have still used him but they let him go.  Now he is trash according to their media. He is perfect for a rookie QB. Lots of third down clutch plays and sneaky TD's for him this year. Him and Hurst are the safety valves. Hopefully a healthy Chark, a developing TMJ and Mingo are the stars of the offense. I also think Mingo is meant to learn from and eventually replace Adam but as a bigger and younger slot.  

• Flames 1

23 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Like I said in another thread, the “having someone good opposite of him to draw coverage” is certainly an argument that can be made, but I would rebut that a) that’s more relevant for an upper tier type guy. It’s more important to give your #1 guy who is going to be the obvious choice for defenses to focus a on a decoy than a #2. And b) I would argue the difference in coverage he may face would be offset by the fact he doesn’t have a megastar like Jefferson with him who the team is going to want to feed.  I think he’ll do a little better than last year but obviously not as good as his prime years. And compared to what we’ve had recently, I think he’ll have more TDs but two or three hundred fewer yards than DJ usually gave us. 

I'll take the TD's over yards all day long

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Minnesota had 4800 receiving yards last year and Theilen was #2 behind Jefferson.  I personally hope Theilen doesn't end up being #2 on the list and would not value him less even if he has a dropoff.  Hopefully the young guys catch on and carry the load.  Let him be primarily a redzone/TD and 3rd down pass catching machine but from a production standpoint I want development from the youngsters. 

I mean... I don't think anybody is expecting him to get 100+ targets this season nor are they expecting him to break off WR screens for 80+ yard TDs. He's definitely going to take a dip in fantasy, but in terms of actual football I'm expecting the team to carve up opposing defenses on 3rd down with option routes thanks to Thielen + Bryce's football IQ.

• Flames 1