• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets gonna Bobcat.

mickeye76

Bridges playing hardball at the negotiating table despite being a PR nightmare. 

Grant Williams got away cause we were distracted. 

We let Brady Manek sign elsewhere. 

PJ also likely to move on cause we focused on Bridges more.

Coaching is still bottom tier. No culture change here.  Sustained mediocrity. 

Lastly we passed on a guy in the draft for a "better" fit. Then proceeded to draft guard and wing over and over again.  

Make it make sense.  

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

It's all gambles. 

Entire draft was a gamble. We passed on guys with less red flags to take gambles on others. 

The Melo deal is also a gamble. Can he stay healthy and become a superstar? 

I'm just not impressed by the moves. Free agency is looking like a gamble as well. All in on Bridges staying despite him and his agents being collectively known as idiots. 

• Pie 1

On one hand we are unfortunately in a position where we have to take gambles to have success. We are in a small market competing in a league where players openly discuss teaming up together at big market teams to win titles. We will never be that destination. So we have to take big gambles to find success and from that understanding I’m alright with it.

The problem is we have the worlds biggest idiots running this team for the last decade. Jordan is still the best player ever in my eyes but an absolute joke as an owner. We have had nothing but clowns for GMs and our coaches have more often than not been in the same circus with them.

It’s not even the moves I’m unhappy with at this point. It’s the clueless why they draw their conclusions to make them that make following this team so painful.

• Pie 3

Passed on a legit superstar in Scoot Henderson. Might be the final nail in the coffin of my hornets fandom. Used to watch every game religiously. Have barely paid attention the past decade or so. I want to see them turn it around but its just constant bad decisions 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 2

1 hour ago, Panthera onca said:

You lost me at Brady Manek.

Brady is a glue guy. Plays smart team ball. Without him on the court UNC fell apart.  Know why? Cause it was a collection of talent with no glue.  Much like the Hornets some talent but don't play cohesively. 

• Poo 1

5 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

On one hand we are unfortunately in a position where we have to take gambles to have success. We are in a small market competing in a league where players openly discuss teaming up together at big market teams to win titles. We will never be that destination. So we have to take big gambles to find success and from that understanding I’m alright with it.

The problem is we have the worlds biggest idiots running this team for the last decade. Jordan is still the best player ever in my eyes but an absolute joke as an owner. We have had nothing but clowns for GMs and our coaches have more often than not been in the same circus with them.

It’s not even the moves I’m unhappy with at this point. It’s the clueless why they draw their conclusions to make them that make following this team so painful.

Pretty much this. The NBA is about taking gambles. Wembanyama is even a gamble because guys his height historically have chronic foot, knee, etc injuries. The Bucks gambled on Giannis in the late lottery and it paid off. There’s many gambles that don’t. I actually liked the Hornets draft because it looked like they were actually taking risks on high upside guys instead of playing it safe and finding average role players to leech minutes and keep the team in the play-ins. The team needs to be gambling on guys to find stars, it’s not at a point where they need to be looking for high floor role players.

The problem is, even if the Hornets make the right picks, chances are the organization will fail to develop them.

• Pie 3

10 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

The problem is, even if the Hornets make the right picks, chances are the organization will fail to develop them.

Yea that's a huge problem right now.  Lamelo Ball is the best pick we've made in a long time and is incredibly talented.  But he could obviously use a better coach to help him refine his game.  Like knowing the right things to do at the right times in a game to secure a win vs. just being flashy and winging it all the time.  Hopefully with the new majority ownership we can get a better coach next year or something.

If we can start building on something hopefully it can snowball into a team that guys want to play for, and we can start making the playoffs more consistently like the Hornets of the 90s.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Yea that's a huge problem right now.  Lamelo Ball is the best pick we've made in a long time and is incredibly talented.  But he could obviously use a better coach to help him refine his game.  Like knowing the right things to do at the right times in a game to secure a win vs. just being flashy and winging it all the time.  Hopefully with the new majority ownership we can get a better coach next year or something.

If we can start building on something hopefully it can snowball into a team that guys want to play for, and we can start making the playoffs more consistently like the Hornets of the 90s.

Seriously though Lamelo Ball was an obvious pick and no brainer.  Clearly the best left in that draft

In terms of recent events I have seriously thought that the Hornets philosophy has been tied to Jordan and his involvement with personnel.  The new owners should have stepped in and demanded that whatever decision he wanted to make we did the opposite.  He has been that bad.  

Edited by Shocker