• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Football is back (well, preseason anyway)

Mr. Scot

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The last few seasons left a really bad taste in my mouth, one that made it very tough to get excited for the start of the next season. But the changes made to the team this past offseason have excised those bad feelings.

Addition by subtraction. And we significantly added by subtracting Rhule. Our team played better once he was gone, I have a lot of confidence in our new staff this year. I honestly expect a .500 season or better and I don't think that's unrealistic! 

This season is about a complete restart. We have a new coaching staff and a shiny new #1 overall pick QB. I think most fans just want to get reassured that it looks like we've chosen well on both fronts and have reason for hope for the future. It's less about the win/loss record for me. We were all excited as hell about the future after Cam's rookie season despite losing a lot of games because we competed and we saw there was a lot of hope for the future. I wanna feel like that again. Anything more than that in terms of wins on the field would just be a very welcome bonus for me.

• Pie 3

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This season is about a complete restart. We have a new coaching staff and a shiny new #1 overall pick QB. I think most fans just want to get reassured that it looks like we've chosen well on both fronts and have reason for hope for the future. It's less about the win/loss record for me. We were all excited as hell about the future after Cam's rookie season despite losing a lot of games because we completed and we saw there was a lot of hope for the future. I wanna feel like that again. Anything more than that in terms of wins on the field would just be a very welcome bonus for me.

I want to see more wins than last year...if not, I will be concerned.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1