• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kickoff Jam

RoaringRiot

5 hours ago, RoaringRiot said:

I appreciate that, but it’s not about me/us. The entire fanbase needs and deserves to feel good again. It’s been awhile. We’re just trying to give them something fun to do to kickoff the season. Not to sound corny, but we’re really hoping it become and annual community rally for the team to start the season. 

My personal feeling is that  the current coaching and front office team is gonna be making your chosen task easier in the years to come, potentially a lot easier.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

My personal feeling is that  the current coaching and front office team is gonna be making your chosen task easier in the years to come, potentially a lot easier.

I hope so, man. Been a rough few years trying to do fun stuff when no one cares (including me). 

2 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

I hope so, man. Been a rough few years trying to do fun stuff when no one cares (including me). 

Matt Rhule's "process" had everyone unhappy.

Frank Reich is definitely different from what we had, though. Here's hoping he's the guy to lead us to the Promised Land.

3 minutes ago, RenoCarolina said:

With Sir Purr and the Topcats attending I am assuming some level of official team support for The Roaring Riot for this event?   Getting their social media to help promote?  I always wondered why the team does not promote and support you guys more 

Nah. We are hiring them. No freebees. 

edit: we’ve talked to them about being involved but nothing from them so far for any commitment.

Edited by RoaringRiot

9 hours ago, RoaringRiot said:

I did some digging and was able to get his number. Called him and asked him to come perform at the tailgate. I offered him transportation to CLT (he was outside of Greenville, NC), a hotel room, and couple hundred dollars (like 200-300, can’t remember exactly). He wouldnt fly and there was no train to get him here on time, so my buddy coming to the game from Greenville said he would pick him up (bless his heart - not sure he would have survived that ride). There was a train that would take him back. Ked agreed, but the a few hours later was totally convinced that once he got to Charlotte something bad was going to happen to him like he would be abandoned at the hotel, alone, and not know what to do or ever be able to get home. So after several collective hours over the course of 2-3 days of trying to assure him he wasn’t going to be harmed, I just said fug it this too insane. He was dead set that I was going to bring him to Charlotte to hurt him. Lol, what? 

Maybe he was just nervous about performing the song.  Just having him show up and talk to fans would have been awesome. 

19 hours ago, RoaringRiot said:

Hey Huddle - just popping by to tell you about a festival that we're launching this season, it's call Kickoff Jam. (that is a link to the event)

We've been dreaming of trying to do something big like this to kickoff the home opening weekend and be a fun damn time for Panthers fans to get together, hopefully annually. The state of the world and our team hasn't allowed it to be a good time to take a risk like this (I don't think I need to tell anyone in here how apathetic our fans have been for the last few years - and for good reason). But with excitement building and since we have a little hope for the first time in 5 years, we decided to go for it. 

To be fully transparent and vulnerable, this is the largest undertaking we've ever had and it's semi-frightening. Logistically, financially, size of the event, etc... all are bigger and more complex than anything we've ever tried (even more than taking so many fans to London). But, it's also really exciting, and I know we're up to the challenge. 

We're keeping with the obvious (and fun) "throwback" theme for the season and we've landed a few throwback bands. Right now we have Arrested Development and Better Than Erza (I linked them for you youngin's). We're also right on the verge of signing a third band, and one that I am VERY excited about. I hope to have it done in a few days and will share it here. 

We've also secured some former Panthers. We've announced Tolbert and CJ so far. We have two more to announce next week and they're both big names. I'll share them here once we announce them. We're working on current players, too, but they'll all be game time decisions due to it being a game weekend. 

Of course we'll have Sir Purr, TopCats, DJ Vinny, tailgate games, and other things to make it feel like a tailgate. Because that's what all of us do best.

Anyway, I'm very excited (and nervous) to take this chance and try to do some cool poo for our fans. I hope some of y'all will come hang out.

Much love to @punkpanther for creating us a dope logo. 

nodaKOJ.thumb.png.bfb026326cd9db5b05545c4b5aa4de20.png

Appreciate the shout out but I didn’t make that logo. It is indeed dope however 

On 8/5/2023 at 7:06 AM, RoaringRiot said:

I did some digging and was able to get his number. Called him and asked him to come perform at the tailgate. I offered him transportation to CLT (he was outside of Greenville, NC), a hotel room, and couple hundred dollars (like 200-300, can’t remember exactly). He wouldnt fly and there was no train to get him here on time, so my buddy coming to the game from Greenville said he would pick him up (bless his heart - not sure he would have survived that ride). There was a train that would take him back. Ked agreed, but the a few hours later was totally convinced that once he got to Charlotte something bad was going to happen to him like he would be abandoned at the hotel, alone, and not know what to do or ever be able to get home. So after several collective hours over the course of 2-3 days of trying to assure him he wasn’t going to be harmed, I just said fug it this too insane. He was dead set that I was going to bring him to Charlotte to hurt him. Lol, what? 

question is...did you pass those digits to the Topcats?