• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's Jets joint practice Day 1 (8.9.2023)

Ricky Spanish

Just now, therealmjl said:

this. it happens. not a big deal and just goes to show how good Bryce actually is that we are spending time nitpicking this silly play.

The silly play was a pick 6 by the defense. So...not sure how that's silly within the context of the game. A silly play would've been if it was dropped.

• Poo 2

2 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

Ball was a little late getting there, but not all on Bryce by any means 

Yeah, it looked late and appeared like it was against zone coverage too, not a good combo.

And fwiw, I'm not posting this as a "I told you so" because as I've posted elsewhere, Bryce has been phenomenal and I will relish being wrong about the pick and having not wanted to take him in the draft, but one of the things that scared me the most about him was when someone posted the advanced stats on throw attempts and completion percentage by location on the field, of the top QB prospects, he had the lowest completion percentage on sideline throws.  That still worries me a bit, but again, I trust Reich and McCown to strengthen that part of his game.  He seems to excel the most in throws over the middle...

But yeah, that wasn't a great throw, but one guys get away with making sometimes...  good jump by the corner as well.

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

he looks like he is due a 12+ sack season.

Yup.  And I've said this to my non-Panther-fan friends the last two years, but if he could finish the majority of the plays where he got to the QB and wrapped up, he would be sitting at 15+ sacks the last two years each, easy.  I think this is the year he finally hits that mark, especially with Houston coming in and the defensive scheme switch.  Just feels like everything is coming together for him to have a monster year...  and in saying that, I hope we get that extension done sooner than later😂.

• Pie 4

23 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

The silly play was a pick 6 by the defense. So...not sure how that's silly within the context of the game. A silly play would've been if it was dropped.

Lamar Jackson threw 4 picks a few days ago.

Not sure what's the worry if Bryce has a few during practice.

EDIT: Just read on context. Yeah, not the best throw by Bryce but also not the easiest situation. Eh, it happens and practice is the best place to make the mistakes.

Edited by Saca312
  • Pie 3

47 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

But it was not in a game.  We're talking about practice here.  Practice!  Not a game.....Practice!Philadelphia 76Ers Basketball GIF

• Pie 3

48 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Yeah the WR got a jump ball wrestled away from him. We get it and it’s no big deal. Interceptions will happen and it’s not always on the QB. DTR is bound to throw some if he gets enough playing time.