• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thursday Night Preseason Games

Jackie Lee

2 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Definitely a rough start for Stroud. Imagine this place if Bryce has similar struggles tomorrow, yikes! I remember Cam looking sort of out of place his 1st preseason too. The young guys just need time. Remember to temper expectations because again, its preseason!!!

Cam actually had pretty rough entire preseason.  Im not sure he even threw a TD pass and played in all 4.  No one saw the opening game coming 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

All along anyone could tell you the Texans were a bad situation for Stroud to walk into. He has had a rough introduction to the NFL but it's weird some folks are so eager to hate on him. Most of them here have one obvious thing in common. Anyways hopefully Bryce Young has a decent first outing Saturday. I expect some ups and downs and that's okay just show me some flashes too.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Also looks like a rookie in his first preseason game.

Not gonna read too much into it but yeah, he didn't look too good.

This game is a "let's see who can screw up the most" game. Just some ugly football. I hope like hell we at least play better than these 2 teams.

23 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Unreal people were praising the Texans for that. One of the dumbest trades I can remember… even if Will Anderson becomes a pro bowler you have to protect your rookie QB first 

Have to. It’s prob a top 3-5 pick next year and that’s your chance at MHJR. Could’ve had JSN and MHJR and opted for defense instead. I hate it for Stroud.

Just now, CRA said:

Cam actually had pretty rough entire preseason.  Im not sure he even threw a TD pass and played in all 4.  No one saw the opening game coming 

I remember Cam scoring a rushing TD on the Bengals in his first preseason game, he was making guys look JV on his first drive. 

• Pie 2

Just now, GOAT said:

I don't want my back up QB that couldn't make it as a starter looking 10X better than my #2 pick.

If Young goes out there and gets outperformed by Dalton, I would be bummed. And Dalton shitts on Mills. 

Eh I would worry too much about it. They are invested in Stroud. Mills is just more experienced and isn’t really shredding the defense. I’m sure Manning’s backup looked better than him his rookie year when he was throwing INTs like there was no tomorrow. If you are starting a rookie at QB you should assume they will struggle early but get better with experience. You have to develop your rookie. You could argue Dalton looked better than Young in the Jets practice, but that is pretty much expected this early in these rookies’ careers.

• Pie 1

bro if people are going to trash my QB because he's the same height as them IRL, I'm going to trash the dude that a lot of people wanted over him for staring down his receiver and throwing an awful pick on his first throw.

quote me about his receivers tho.

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That was a big red flag IMO. They either didn't trust Stroud not to spiral or they sent the message to their rookie that he's on a tight leash. If you trust the kid and you're committed to building around him you gotta put him back out there. Dial up some layups for him. This is just a bad look. Not sure on who or if it's on everyone. Don't wanna overreact to preseason stuff but the way that transpired is concerning.

Makes you wonder if they are going in the season with him as the week 1 starter or plan on working him into the starting lineup later in the season. 

• Pie 1