• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

O-Line updates

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, jb2288 said:

They say he’s ahead of schedule but I’m still thinking week 6-8ish. Texans game after the bye makes sense 

In corbetts presser earlier this week he made it sound like he will be ready by end of pup - thinks he can play sooner but it’s up to the front office 

8 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

In corbetts presser earlier this week he made it sound like he will be ready by end of pup - thinks he can play sooner but it’s up to the front office 

They sounded optimistic about Zavala as well. Believe they said he could be available for some preseason action.

The offensive line has 5 starters at any given time--more than any other position group, but you really need 7-8 that are starting quality.  Personally, i do not think BC is a LG, but is perfect to be a swing OT for 2023 and could replace Moton in 2024 when his contract explodes to $30m.  I seriously think Zavala and Corbett will be the starting guards for most of the season.  Mays is an ideal backup at C and both G spots, as is Jensen.  If they all work out--that is eight players with starting ability--problem is, they do not have the starting ability right now (injury, experience). 

Backups for 2023:  Christensen (eventually--not right now), Mays, and Jensen.

Starters for 2023 (later in the season):  Ikwonu, Zavala, Bozeman, Corbett, Moton.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, jtm said:

Guard is not our only problem.  Tackles looked terrible last game as well.  

Zero concerns on tackle, those 2 are proven 1 preseason game means nothing for them. Now the swing tackle/backup is an issue but hopefully they never see the field 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

50 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

The offensive line has 5 starters at any given time--more than any other position group, but you really need 7-8 that are starting quality.  Personally, i do not think BC is a LG, but is perfect to be a swing OT for 2023 and could replace Moton in 2024 when his contract explodes to $30m.  I seriously think Zavala and Corbett will be the starting guards for most of the season.  Mays is an ideal backup at C and both G spots, as is Jensen.  If they all work out--that is eight players with starting ability--problem is, they do not have the starting ability right now (injury, experience). 

Backups for 2023:  Christensen (eventually--not right now), Mays, and Jensen.

Starters for 2023 (later in the season):  Ikwonu, Zavala, Bozeman, Corbett, Moton.

I could get on board with that.

I feel like it's always worth mentioning when we're talking O-Line that as a position group, chemistry / continuity matters probably more than it does anywhere else on the field. You could argue secondary is up there too but I think the line is where it matters most.

Keeping that group together was a big part of what made us successful last year. Here's hoping the same applies to this season as well.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1