• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

0-0 week one at Atlanta

SmittysLawnGuy

If anyone has read any of my posts, I'm the first person to say our 1st and second team have looked like utter trash as units. Not saying there hasn't been individual performances but very dissapoiontting. Some people never expected much anyway which looks to be the good call but for us that we're a tad more than cautiously optimistic do you see us possibly getting to our goals of let's say max, this division, anything can start clicking by end of year right? N the preseason means nothing Panthers queens, stay out, the coaches said they have been disappointed. I'm going to walk into week 1 with my head in the clouds and probably walk out trying to pull it out of my ass for breaths. Someone shine hope.

Edited by SmittysLawnGuy
  • Pie 3

7 hours ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

If anyone has read any of my posts, I'm the first person to say our 1st and second team have looked like utter trash as units. Not saying there hasn't been individual performances but very dissapoiontting. Some people never expected much anyway which looks to be the good call but for us that we're a tad more than cautiously optimistic do you see us possibly getting to our goals of let's say max, this division, anything can start clicking by end of year right? N the preseason means nothing Panthers queens, stay out, the coaches said they have been disappointed. I'm going to walk into week 1 with my head in the clouds and probably walk out trying to pull it out of my ass for breaths. Someone shine hope.

Atlanta is further a long at this stage. They’re also the home team and the overall feeling right now is pretty damn cloudy for us. I’m not sure this roster is there yet going into this season. Way too many question marks , new coach , new staff new QB etc. Too many bad players on the team in my opinion and not enough game wreckers. We pretty much have only 1 guy who teams have to account for in Burns but he isn’t anything like what Peppers was for us back in the day. There’s just not enough juice on this team right now. Before preseason I thought maybe 8 or 9 wins, 10 if they’re really lucky. Now I’d say they’re a 6 or 7 win team after seeing guys compete in preseason. They’ve gotten their asses kicked 2 weeks in a row. 

• Beer 1

I won't really panic until week 5 or 6 if the players look like trash out there.  All 11 have to understand a new offense/defense and be in position every play.  All 11 on defense have to understand assignments or offenses will torch them.  I would love for this team to start out looking like world beaters, but I'm expecting a slow start.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

That makes sense though... early season games the spreads are the most better friendly. Basically vegas is predicting a tie, meaning they dont have a favorite.

Yeah, I will take your word for it, and again this is why I dont gamble, if you randomly asked me what i thought the spread should be for week 1 knowing what we know (rookie qb, new 3-4, new coach, on the road etc) I would say Panthers +6

But I dont know poo about gambling

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Yeah, I will take your word for it, and again this is why I dont gamble, if you randomly asked me what i thought the spread should be for week 1 knowing what we know (rookie qb, new 3-4, new coach, on the road etc) I would say Panthers +6

But I dont know poo about gambling

Maybe it will go up, but normally it only goes higher bc the bets are one sided. I have only bet at the begining of seasons bc my win rate is much higher, especially with prop betting. 

• Pie 1

You guys couldn't let my drunk thread die. Guess it's a little less gloomy than GOATS. Lol. I do get his sentiment. I'm so tired of sucking I am full guilty of reactionary posts even in the preseason. I'm holding out hope they can fix a lot of things but much more skeptical after the first two piss poor practices.