• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Time to go shopping....WR

Jmac

3 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

In no particular order

KC

Buffalo

San Fran

Philly

Miami

Rams

Giants

Panthers

Jacksonville

Cincinatti

I left off some teams with great head coaches but suspect staffs like Belicheck and Carroll and Harbaugh.

No one said it was the best but it is top 10. At least 2 staff members are going to be in line for head coaching jobs in 2023. How many staffs can say that in August.

I want to see how Buffalo continues to do without Dabboll.  Dorsey didn't really impress me last year and it appeared like they took a step back, but I know Allen was battling some injuries.  

50 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

In no particular order

KC

Buffalo

San Fran

Philly

Miami

Rams

Giants

Panthers

Jacksonville

Cincinatti

I left off some teams with great head coaches but suspect staffs like Belicheck and Carroll and Harbaugh.

No one said it was the best but it is top 10. At least 2 staff members are going to be in line for head coaching jobs in 2023. How many staffs can say that in August.

I mean, order does sort of matter.    

So we are better coached than the Steelers, Patriots, Ravens, Seahawks etc?  None of them even made your list that is in no particular order.

So frankly, even HOF caliber HCs aren't enough to get staffs into your top 10.   Frank isn't a top 10 HC by himself stacked up vs other HCs.   So he would initially start on the outside of a top 10 list and a first year OC that isn't calling plays and a DC with one year of experience is rocketing his staff up the charts somewhere to an undisclosed position?   

Is Josh Gordon worth bringing in for a workout?

I remember watching him in that arena league football and he was still burning DB's with the go route.

Crazy how this dude career went downhill because of weed. There is no doubt in my mind if weed was legal he would have had a HOF career. Some people literally can't function without weed. 

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, order does sort of matter.    

So we are better coached than the Steelers, Patriots, Ravens, Seahawks etc?  None of them even matter you list that is in no particular order.

So frankly, even HOF caliber HCs aren't enough to get staffs into your top 10.   Frank isn't a top 10 HC by himself stacked up vs other HCs.   So he would initially start on the outside of a top 10 list and a first year OC that isn't calling plays and a DC with one year of experience is rocketing his staff up the charts somewhere to an undisclosed position?   

Again our staff on paper is better than the steelers staff as well as Seattle and the Patriots.  It isn't about just the head coaches but the whole staff. Reich by himself might be middle of the pack but he was hired based on the staff he was going to assemble. Based on the collective experience of this staff and their accomplishments they together are better than the individual parts which is exactly the goal with staff or players. So again you can pick apart any individual coach but as a group they are pretty impressive.  Getting young and old coaches is one of our strengths while you make it out as a weakness. 

10 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Is Josh Gordon worth bringing in for a workout?

I remember watching him in that arena league football and he was still burning DB's with the go route.

Crazy how this dude career went downhill because of weed. There is no doubt in my mind if weed was legal he would have had a HOF career. Some people literally can't function without weed. 

Someone should have already given him a look and at this point I dont think it would hurt for us to. Hell, I doubt he would ask for too much and I bet he would have only contributed well to the cause. That dude can still flat out play I believe

• Pie 1

Just now, Ricky Prickles said:

Someone should have already given him a look and at this point I dont think it would hurt for us to. Hell, I doubt he would ask for too much and I bet he would have only contributed well to the cause. That dude can still flat out play I believe

Yeah a workout wouldn't hurt.

He's still a deep threat if nothing else.

• Pie 1

34 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Again our staff on paper is better than the steelers staff as well as Seattle and the Patriots.  It isn't about just the head coaches but the whole staff. Reich by himself might be middle of the pack but he was hired based on the staff he was going to assemble. Based on the collective experience of this staff and their accomplishments they together are better than the individual parts which is exactly the goal with staff or players. So again you can pick apart any individual coach but as a group they are pretty impressive.  Getting young and old coaches is one of our strengths while you make it out as a weakness. 

HC, OC and DC are the most weighted positions.  And by those measures we are just an average staff.  And frankly, there is nothing wrong with that. 

I don’t think Capers and Caldwell necessarily make us anything.  They are old.   Yeah, they got experience but they are different era guys.   And even one of the articles you posted acknowledged that signing all these checks to bring all this experience on a paper might be counter productive.  But they don’t rocket us up to tops of the league IMO.  

I just don’t see folks outside of Carolina viewing them as highly.  And I don’t put tons of weight on writers doing what writers do right when it was assembled.  

1 hour ago, CRA said:

HC, OC and DC are the most weighted positions.  And by those measures we are just an average staff.  And frankly, there is nothing wrong with that. 

I don’t think Capers and Caldwell necessarily make us anything.  They are old.   Yeah, they got experience but they are different era guys.   And even one of the articles you posted acknowledged that signing all these checks to bring all this experience on a paper might be counter productive.  But they don’t rocket us up to tops of the league IMO.  

I just don’t see folks outside of Carolina viewing them as highly.  And I don’t put tons of weight on writers doing what writers do right when it was assembled.  

Obviously your opinion like mine means little. I do however respect the numerous experts who agree with me about this staff.  Show me some credible sources suggesting we are as bad as you suggest or let it go. I pointed out several articles praising this staff and you have nothing but your own opinion. Forgive me if I don't go back and forth anymore but your take has no credibility.

Don’t see why people hate on our WRs so much. We have 2 #1 WRs with Chark and Thielen. Chark has had some injury history but not that major. Thielen has age but can still be a good #1. He was behind the best WR in the game so it was hard for him to put up huge numbers but he still was good.

TMJ could be a number one WR. He’s only played 2 years, didn’t get a lot of playing time but when he did halfway through the season he was good. We don’t know what we have in Mingo but he has a lot of potential. 

as long as those 4 stay healthy we should be fine. Even if one misses a few games they could easily replace one another.

shenault and Shi are solid back ups who are young but are fine for 4-5 WR.

why would you want us to trade/sign a older player to a big contract anyhow? We are rebuilding, we need to keep the cap space and grow our own players. How can we have guys like Mingo and TMJ get experience if we sign a vet WR?

Just now, rmoneyg35 said:

Don’t see why people hate on our WRs so much. We have 2 #1 WRs with Chark and Thielen. Chark has had some injury history but not that major. Thielen has age but can still be a good #1. He was behind the best WR in the game so it was hard for him to put up huge numbers but he still was good.

TMJ could be a number one WR. He’s only played 2 years, didn’t get a lot of playing time but when he did halfway through the season he was good. We don’t know what we have in Mingo but he has a lot of potential. 

as long as those 4 stay healthy we should be fine. Even if one misses a few games they could easily replace one another.

shenault and Shi are solid back ups who are young but are fine for 4-5 WR.

why would you want us to trade/sign a older player to a big contract anyhow? We are rebuilding, we need to keep the cap space and grow our own players. How can we have guys like Mingo and TMJ get experience if we sign a vet WR?

damn

9 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Obviously your opinion like mine means little. I do however respect the numerous experts who agree with me about this staff.  Show me some credible sources suggesting we are as bad as you suggest or let it go. I pointed out several articles praising this staff and you have nothing but your own opinion. Forgive me if I don't go back and forth anymore but your take has no credibility.

You want me to find credible sources claiming this staff is bad….when I don’t think that nor have I once posted such? 

I mean, that’s when you know people aren’t actually reading what others are saying.  Or are just intentionally dishonest with projection. 

The over the top rhetoric is all I contest.  Staffing, Young expectations, team, etc.   I’ve claimed this staff is vastly better than what we have had here. I’ve said we are on a good track/path. There are tons of post that  back that.  Not a single one that I claimed the staff was bad.  Only time I have used the word bad was in calling Frank Reich as a playcaller bad.  Which that has been the critique of him. Every where he has done it.  And I generally highlight his strengths are documented elsewhere when I say that. 

2 hours ago, CRA said:

You want me to find credible sources claiming this staff is bad….when I don’t think that nor have I once posted such? 

I mean, that’s when you know people aren’t actually reading what others are saying.  Or are just intentionally dishonest with projection. 

The over the top rhetoric is all I contest.  Staffing, Young expectations, team, etc.   I’ve claimed this staff is vastly better than what we have had here. I’ve said we are on a good track/path. There are tons of post that  back that.  Not a single one that I claimed the staff was bad.  Only time I have used the word bad was in calling Frank Reich as a playcaller bad.  Which that has been the critique of him. Every where he has done it.  And I generally highlight his strengths are documented elsewhere when I say that. 

And your constant complaining about the over the top rhetoric is overblown in your criticism.  Fans are reacting to all the accolades that have been heaped on our staff by outside sources not panther sites. So if folks are pretty happy about our staff and talk about it in positive ways, why do you have to come in here and piss on everyone's cornflakes.

And Reich was only calling plays at San Diego for 1 year his first year so that hardly is definitive. He didn't call plays in Philly and did for 5 years at Indy.  Seems most of the criticism was in 22 and 23 when the Colts imploded for various reasons. So no he wasn't critized everywhere for his playcalling. If you want to criticize overblown responses start with your own.