• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FYI: Cuts begin today

Mr. Scot

4 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Yep, his career avg from pff is 53.  Thats the best we can do as a backup?  Really, then factor in his cost and its crazy he is on the squad

I don't think we have an adequate replacement for him, unfortunately. Hopefully I am wrong about him sucking or having a better player available.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, thennek said:

I would have to add what the 49ers gave up to trade for Trey Lance as “up there too”. They gave up 3 first rounders for a QB that never did anything. Ouch. 

I agree, but the reason I didn't include that one is that the niners were going for a qb, and I think you have to take some chances for a qb.  The Saints gave up their whole draft for a  rb who, while a good rb, is mostly known as a stoner.  And the Vikes handed three SB wins to the Cowgals.

42 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I agree, but the reason I didn't include that one is that the niners were going for a qb, and I think you have to take some chances for a qb.  The Saints gave up their whole draft for a  rb who, while a good rb, is mostly known as a stoner.  And the Vikes handed three SB wins to the Cowgals.

Shiitt rake but I assume Shannahhan wanted Mac and was overridden!

43 minutes ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Shiitt rake but I assume Shannahhan wanted Mac and was overridden!

I wonder about that to.  Got to admit I did wonder why they decided to go for Trey when Mac seemed to have about the same chance of succeeding.  

It would be ironic if they made such a failed gamble, and then ended up with Purdy being a diamond in the rough.  Would prove that SF might be the luckiest franchise in history, with getting Montana in the third round, Steve Young, and then drafting Purdy in the sixth.  

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

Agreed, completely!  I have had that thought many, many times. 

I still don't know how Thomas got that contract.  We seriously overpaid for the 3 or 4 surprise catches he will make for us per year.

Word was Rhule had become a fan. That's about all I know.

44 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I wonder about that to.  Got to admit I did wonder why they decided to go for Trey when Mac seemed to have about the same chance of succeeding.  

It would be ironic if they made such a failed gamble, and then ended up with Purdy being a diamond in the rough.  Would prove that SF might be the luckiest franchise in history, with getting Montana in the third round, Steve Young, and then drafting Purdy in the sixth.  

Back when it happened, the story was that the two of them didn't discuss their final decisions till Draft Day and they agreed on Lance.

I've seen it suggested that maybe Shanahan might have preferred Jones but I've never read anything definitive.

7 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

He was? 🤔

It wasn't necessarily desperation.

Henderson was a guy Matt Rhule coveted heavily in the previous year's draft (Brown eventually won out). When the opportunity came to get him, he was ecstatic.

Do they still go through with that traded if Horn doesn't get hurt though? Because I don't think so.

On 8/26/2023 at 11:11 AM, Smithers said:

Cowboys told Will Grier he will be released after the Raiders game.  They’re letting him play the entire game to put something in film.  He’s honestly played well in the preseason since joining them last year.  I wouldn’t mind bringing him back instead of Corral.  

If he doesn’t find a home he might be on their practice squad after last night.