• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Most Rivera thing ever

NAS

25 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I remember reading during the Rhule era, either a media guy or someone in the league, that their opinion was that we had a lot of players starting for us that wouldn’t on other teams. 
Our team was so horribly constructed as a NFL team.

I've been saying that for years now.

• Pie 2

33 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I remember reading during the Rhule era, either a media guy or someone in the league, that their opinion was that we had a lot of players starting for us that wouldn’t on other teams. 
Our team was so horribly constructed as a NFL team.

Definitely true under Rhule, not that the roster he inherited was anything special.

I don't think Marty ever really understood cohesive roster building. He was more just like "Hey that guy's good, let's get him" and just threw it all together.

It's kind of like the difference between playcallers who have a specific plan in mind vs guys who just look down at a list and go "Ah hell, let's try 42 right" 😕

On 8/28/2023 at 5:50 PM, NAS said:

How do they know he was that good through the season? There is only one way to know in the NFL how good someone truly is and that's in the game. Practices are glorified walk throughs now. 

This is like Shanahan saying "we didn't know how good Purdy was until he came in that game" and people being upset about it. If Shanahan got the QB evaluation of his own roster wrong, why not say something about him? 

Threads about two former Panthers coaches holding strong on the first page as we are days away from the season opener.

Think we need some wins here in Carolina?

I don't want to hear poo about rebuilds or taking time. This franchise needs a jolt. I'm not gonna want to hear any excuses if the same issues plague the team.

• Pie 1