• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer setting low expectations.

Tbe

With this coaching staff and Bryce in place, how many drafts should it take to realistically consider ourselves in contention for the Superbowl?

This year I just want to see improvement, for us to look like we have a plan, and for the love of God 2nd half adjustments.

Just now, Shadow said:

With this coaching staff and Bryce in place, how many drafts should it take to realistically consider ourselves in contention for the Superbowl?

This year I just want to see improvement, for us to look like we have a plan, and for the love of God 2nd half adjustments.

For the super bowl.  Probably 2.  For the playoffs def 1 more off season should do it.  The poo drafts from the past couple of years are not doing us any favors and it clearly shows.  Fitt even mentioned it yesterday

17 hours ago, CRA said:

Saints.  

QB, RB, WR edge over us. Offensive league. 

rookie Young isn’t coming out week 1 as a better QB than Carr.   He has leaning and growth to do. 

and they finished with a the top 5 defense last year

And they have a comparable schedule to us.  

I honestly don't think any of that is correct.  I think the Saints roster is absolute garbage.

Just now, DeAngelo Beason said:

I honestly don't think any of that is correct.  I think the Saints roster is absolute garbage.

They finished with a top 5 D last year.  Which likely was inflated some because of schedule but it's not a garbage D roster. 

Carr is a Pro Bowl QB.   Bryce Young can't viewed as better than that today.   I mean, even if you think Carr is meh.  He is going to be ahead of Young most likely this year.  The expectation for Young is just too high out the gate.  That's not fair to him. 

I'd rather have Olave, Thomas as by top 2 WRs. 

and Jamal Williams is better than Hubbard.  So even if you want to call Kamara/Sanders a push.   Their backfield is better IMO. 

Just now, CRA said:

They finished with a top 5 D last year.  Which likely was inflated some because of schedule but it's not a garbage D roster. 

Carr is a Pro Bowl QB.   Bryce Young can't viewed as better than that today.   I mean, even if you think Carr is meh.  He is going to be ahead of Young most likely this year.  The expectation for Young is just too high out the gate.  That's not fair to him. 

I'd rather have Olave, Thomas as by top 2 WRs. 

and Jamal Williams is better than Hubbard.  So even if you want to call Kamara/Sanders a push.   Their backfield is better IMO. 

The fact that we beat their almost identical roster twice last year, and we dramatically improved the overall roster (WR included, IMO) tells me that none of what you're saying pans out anywhere but paper.

• Beer 1

27 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

The fact that we beat their almost identical roster twice last year, and we dramatically improved the overall roster (WR included, IMO) tells me that none of what you're saying pans out anywhere but paper.

Their roster wasn’t horrible.  Their QB play was.  

we aren’t dramatically improved on O.  Our starting RB was CMC and out starting WR was DJ Moore in that first win.  The second game was basically the Nebraska game that was on TV last night and should never be spoke of. 

And going to a rookie QB over bad vets isn’t really improvement.  It’s its own thing.  Young is going to struggle early because he is a rookie learning.  Not because he is bad. 

4 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

For the super bowl.  Probably 2.  For the playoffs def 1 more off season should do it.  The poo drafts from the past couple of years are not doing us any favors and it clearly shows.  Fitt even mentioned it yesterday

He didn't say we had poor drafts, he said we have changed systems and we need players who fit our new scheme and it will take time to find all those players.

You seem to take a lot of poetic license to make your point instead of sticking to what was actually said.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

He didn't say we had poor drafts, he said we have changed systems and we need players who fit our new scheme and it will take time to find all those players.

You seem to take a lot of poetic license to make your point instead of sticking to what was actually said.

So all the guys that we cut and/or replaced they were picked up by other teams right?  Since its just a system fit of why they didnt work here.

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 1

The two things that keep me from thinking the Saints are the favorites is that I believe they are the oldest team in the league as of the roster cutdowns, and their coaching may be among the bottom of the league. 

Carr was an upgrade.  I'm just not sold on the idea that is enough to overcome Dennis Allen wearing the HC headset.

Mind you, I don't think coaching excellence is exactly a hallmark of the NFCS.  Allen may not eve be the worst in the division.  The NFCS could come down to which staff grabs defeat out of the jaws of victory least often.  I'm hoping Reich and company do the opposite, but until I see it, that is just potential.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

So all the guys that we cut and/or replaced they were picked up by other teams right?  Since its just a system fit of why they didnt work here.

You are missing the point in your haste to argue with everyone.  I am not arguing whether our draft picks or released guys were great or sucked. My post pointed out you took your own opinion and claimed Fitterer said the same thing and he didn't. Maybe it is me but in this age where everyone makes stuff up and calls it the truth, I guess I am oversensitive to it when I see it.

• Beer 2

15 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

You are missing the point in your haste to argue with everyone.  I am not arguing whether our draft picks or released guys were great or sucked. My post pointed out you took your own opinion and claimed Fitterer said the same thing and he didn't. Maybe it is me but in this age where everyone makes stuff up and calls it the truth, I guess I am oversensitive to it when I see it.

Fitt put coachspeak on it lets not kid ourselves and he also took some ownership when asked about rhule

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

It seems to me that lately if you are going to be negative, you get a free pass on whatever you say. But if you say something positive, you need to cite sources and take a polygraph. lol

When you absolutely have to be right. Using your opinion as fact is a Huddle staple.