• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Football 2023

jayboogieman

On 9/5/2023 at 7:58 PM, CRA said:

I mean, I don’t know what you are really arguing at this point.

Dabo doesn’t recruit but has a top 10 class every year.  He is struggling with #1 overall QB prospects.   He most definitely is recruiting elite talent.

Then he isn’t getting it done.  He coaches in the ACC.  That just is what it is. 7 of the last 8 ACC titles is getting it done.  A historic stretch is getting it done. 

and he has 2 nattys vs Bama.  King Kong.  Frankly, could have easily had a 3rd too with that first Watson matchup. 

I don’t know what your bar is. But it seems a tad unreasonable. But I get hating on Dabo/Clemson.  Runs like they have been on are annoying in general and I fully understand why most of been wishing for the fall of it 

It will be interesting to see if Debo maintains his stance on the transfer portal. It is obvious he does not have the talented receivers he has had in years past. Other teams have helped themselves in positions of need using the portal. Change is difficult, but if he doesn’t accept that times are changing he is hurting his team, and I respect him. 

Mack Brown said Nate McCollum turned into Josh Downs today.

When watching McCollum at Georgia Tech, he kind of reminded me of Downs.

I think if he would have been in a more prototypical offense rather than an option offense then he’d have been more highly sought after.

I wouldn’t be shocked if playing with Maye gets McCollum drafted.

7 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

It will be interesting to see if Debo maintains his stance on the transfer portal. It is obvious he does not have the talented receivers he has had in years past. Other teams have helped themselves in positions of need using the portal. Change is difficult, but if he doesn’t accept that times are changing he is hurting his team, and I respect him. 

They sort of touched on it in this broadcast, but injury frankly has derailed a lot of the Clemson WRs the last couple years.  I mean take a Justyn Ross.  He single handedly won the last Natty.  Dominant.   Then was hurt.   Never really recovered while at Clemson.  Turner always hurt.   Collins.  Lot of their dudes just ain’t staying healthy.  So it could be some of that really factoring and not that they don’t have talent coming in at WR.  

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We tried plenty early on and were getting nowhere and were having success throwing. Smart thing to do was shift to a more passing focused attack.

It’s nice to have options…the Heels schedule is very friendly but we don’t have a big margin for error