• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers and Brian Burns not at all close to extension

TheSpecialJuan

32 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I hope they don't come to a deal. Trade him now or tag and trade him next offseason.  

The panthers literally have no options other than paying him.  They will look like absolute fools trading him vs the rams offer and fitt would 100% without a shadow of a doubt get poo canned.   I guess you can debate whose fault this is until you are blue in the face but it would be a monumental fug up if we traded and got less then what the rams were offering.   There is just no way Fitt survives that and I suspect he knows.  Burns has the team by the balls as he should.  Suck it the fug up and pay him because this is the situation you created all by yourself fitt and co.  The fuging rams through you a golden parachute and you were asleep at the wheel

So, when will the thread appear of will Burns play Sunday if no deal is reached?  Unless it happens tonight, I don't see anything getting done with the team traveling tomorrow.  Unless they can reach an agreement and ink the contract Monday.  Still, not sure if players suit up between an agreement and signing.

32 minutes ago, BlackPanther22 said:

That’s the odd thing too, I feel like a lot of the details are sparse with these negotiations which is a lot different from how some of the other contract situations have been this offseason. Which I mean maybe it’s a bit of neither side wanting to publicly slander the other which is respectable but idk it’s weird. 

I’m still sticking to my guns about this being poor time management by the FO by not getting anything done sooner. It’d suck if this is just like a cloud that lingers over the team during the season but Fitt and Co. would have nobody to blame but themselves.

Agreed. This to me is like our drafting sometimes where we didn’t look ahead to future strengths and seem to draft to the weaknesses of a draft instead of the deeper parts to get value.

As soon as we knew we were turning down that haul, get the extension done. To me there was no reason to wait. If they needed to see more, you take two 1sts and a 2nd from a team that’s on the last year of their window (shut quickly). If you don’t need to see more and turn down that deal you see Crosby (whose stats are just a bit better) and Chubb getting deals and Bosa needing a deal a year later. You immediately say give him the $23.5M per year that Crosby got and handover a nice bonus to make Burns happy.

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The panthers literally have no options other than paying him.  They will look like absolute fools trading him vs the rams offer and fitt would 100% without a shadow of a doubt get poo canned.   I guess you can debate whose fault this is until you are blue in the face but it would be a monumental fug up if we traded and got less then what the rams were offering.   There is just no way Fitt survives that and I suspect he knows.  Burns has the team by the balls as he should.  Suck it the fug up and pay him because this is the situation you created all by yourself fitt and co.  The fuging rams through you a golden parachute and you were asleep at the wheel

Trading him was never on the table.

The trade talk is coming from this board.

Be realistic this is just about them trying to come to an agreement on a deal best for both parties. This is how negotiations go.

The fact Burns is playing Sunday tells me there will be a deal sooner than later.

Just now, Chaos said:

So, when will the thread appear of will Burns play Sunday if no deal is reached?  Unless it happens tonight, I don't see anything getting done with the team traveling tomorrow.  Unless they can reach an agreement and ink the contract Monday.  Still, not sure if players suit up between an agreement and signing.

He would be batshit crazy to play on sunday with no deal at this point

5 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Plenty of players play all the way through their contracts. But more and more it seems like more and more players want to get a raise every 2 years. So things like this happen every year. It happened 6 times this year alone. Burns isn't the only one still holding out. 

Well to be honest. Burns hasn't actually held out yet. 

Not hearing anything new. Was reported that the Panthers are letting Burns decide whether or not to play Sunday. To reiterate what I heard earlier, I've been told that if he doesn't play the FO is going to take it personal but who knows? Things change daily. I haven't heard anything on the trade front either except for the couple of teams that called sniffing around earlier in the week. Everything is pretty quiet.