• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Burns is back in pads at practice

JawnyBlaze

2 hours ago, therealmjl said:

I mean you interpret it how you want. He's isolated himself from the team during the stretching period, spent a good portion of the practice in the medical tent getting wrapped up, and didn't participate in any team activities. 

You call it practicing, I call it avoiding a fine.

The tweets about him not taking part were from the early portion of practice where it's just stretching and conditioning. Once the actual practice drill started, he joined in.

Whether he took part in scrimmages and such won't be noted until later because that portion of practice is closed to reporters.

• Pie 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

The tweets about him not taking part were from the early portion of practice where it's just stretching and conditioning. Once the actual practice drill started, he joined in.

Whether he took part in scrimmages and such won't be noted until later because that portion of practice is closed to reporters.

If by the "actual practice drills" you mean individual non-contact drills - sure.

Edited by therealmjl

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He was a full participant otherwise they'd have to list his as limited. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I saw online that he supposedly wants 27-28 million per year and I think they said Panthers are at 23-24 million. Do you think they settle at 25-26 per year?

I think it will be $25m with incentive bonuses to escalate the contract6 to $27m

2 hours ago, therealmjl said:

I mean you interpret it how you want. He's isolated himself from the team during the stretching period, spent a good portion of the practice in the medical tent getting wrapped up, and didn't participate in any team activities. 

You call it practicing, I call it avoiding a fine.

Yet, Houston is also doing the same thing. Nobody gives a fug what he's doing. 🤣🤣

37 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Sure...but if you constantly view draft picks through the lens of "worst case scenario", then we just traded up to first overall to draft JaMarcus Russell.  And there's no point in even retaining first round picks, we might as well trade them every year for known commodities.  But the reality is, high draft picks are among the most valuable assets you can have in the NFL, and there's a reason for that.

Justifying trading your best players on the confidence that you'll hit on all the picks you receive and replace their production is not the way most championship teams are constructed.