• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

These types of Referee blunders are 100% unacceptable

KillerKat

Btw, now that I think about it further, can anyone name some games where we have had multiple significant, game changing calls against us and still won? Im having trouble recalling any, but I can recall ones where we lost. Its almost as if there is some sort of correlation there. Like the refs are like sharks, when they smell blood they go in for the kill. They may not be the reason for those loses, but they try to make sure we dont recover. It seems like that happens a lot more often to us. 

• Pie 2

Just now, WarHeel said:

Normally I’m on the “us against the world of officiating” bandwagon but the officials didn’t give up 3 turnovers. That was us. We lost this game despite the horrid officiating.

At this point Im convinced a significant portion of the huddle cant read or have a great comprehension problem.

9 hours ago, KillerKat said:

At this point Im convinced a significant portion of the huddle cant read or have a great comprehension problem.

I read your whole post. The insinuation was that the topic probably didn’t need an entire post as the fact that we suck out loud is a grander issue. I was just being nice. 

14 hours ago, KillerKat said:

- Reviewing a catch that shouldve been incomplete and ruling it a completion.

- Reviewing a TD that shouldnt have been as the runner stepped out of bounds before the goal line.

- Keeping the ball at the 1 yard line after penalties on both sides on the punt return. This one should definitely be sent into the league. Never seen this before ever since I started watching football in the early 90s.

- Calling Dpi on us after the receiver was all over our own defender.

Yes I know these arent the main reason why we lost, but each one was significant. I expected us to not look like where we should be in game 1 with new everything, but this sh!t right here is what turns me off from football. Ive already stopped watching other games after the head hunting to Cam in the Super Bowl and game 1 the following season. If these types of significant calls continue through out the season, I may be done with football all together.

I’m not sure who that ref was but he should be removed from the NFL. He clearly was not working with the rest of the crew and they were getting frustrated at him for it and him not listening. You could tell just by the broadcast there was multiple times he told them to fug off. 

• Pie 1

I think collectively as a fanbase we are less mad about the piss poor calls because the Panthers were comfortably losing this game no matter what happened, but I agree these particular calls were atrocious especially the horse collar tackle. That 100% should have been a redo of the down. 

Edited by hepcat
  • Pie 1

I've gotten used to this team competing with the least competent set of ref's every week.  Until we start winning the best ref teams will go to the best matchups.

What I'm concerned about is the challenges that are reviewed in NY.  Would love to be a fly on the wall in that room as they get simultaneous red lights flashing for review challenges in a premier matchup vs. a low tier matchup and see how much time is actually invested in getting the calls right in those different scenario's.

9 hours ago, WarHeel said:

I read your whole post. The insinuation was that the topic probably didn’t need an entire post as the fact that we suck out loud is a grander issue. I was just being nice. 

So when is a good time to talk about it? When we win despite 3-4 game changing calls? That rarely happens as I mentioned before. The topic is about atrocious calls, win or lose. You are offering a different discussion than is being offered here.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, RenoCarolina said:

I've gotten used to this team competing with the least competent set of ref's every week.  Until we start winning the best ref teams will go to the best matchups.

What I'm concerned about is the challenges that are reviewed in NY.  Would love to be a fly on the wall in that room as they get simultaneous red lights flashing for review challenges in a premier matchup vs. a low tier matchup and see how much time is actually invested in getting the calls right in those different scenario's.

It makes no sense to me how two of these calls were reviewed and still were upheld. Especially that non-touchdown when it was clear he stepped out before reaching the goal line. The other that was called a catch despite being incomplete was just like the Cotchery catch in our SB that was called incomplete. 

Edited by KillerKat