• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL News: 2023 Season

Mr. Scot

So having looked around to see if there was any hint available regarding the rumors surrounding former Bears DC Alan Williams, I can't say I've found much of anything outside pure speculation.

The belief from those who have speculated is that it's related to one of two things: gambling or pedophilia.

But the bottom line is nobody seems to know sh-t.

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, Bigdaddy8523 said:

I read on a Bears forum that it was scheme related. Meaning he was in some trouble with gambling and was calling BS plays to help with fixing the game.

If it's something scandalous I'd rather this than some of the alternatives floating around with regards to pedophilia... but this would absolutely shake the league.

26 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

If it's something scandalous I'd rather this than some of the alternatives floating around with regards to pedophilia... but this would absolutely shake the league.

I'd agree.

Just reading the tone of the conversation around it I actually do at this point think that something gambling related is more likely.

Williams' lawyer (who I'll grant is his lawyer) has vehemently stated that there's no criminal activity involved. If that's true, then you have to figure gambling.

• Pie 1

Interesting stat:

image.png.7bb228c08bd0b0f6058868e668345868.png

Offensive philosophies prioritize short, precise passes, and the average air yards per attempt has been on the decline for the past four seasons. Defenses have adapted by focusing on the pass rush and coverage, pressuring quarterbacks to release the ball even earlier, thereby encouraging even shorter passes and the highest overall pressure rate since 2017. Meanwhile, personnel groupings featuring multiple wide receivers and a single running back have become more prevalent, again encouraging quicker passes to exploit favorable matchups in open space. The net result: If current numbers hold, NFL teams would average the fewest passing yards per game since 2008.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/09/20/nfl-picks-odds-best-bets-week-3/

Fun fact:

There was never a time in Sean Payton’s career where he had lost a game being up 18 points. Payton’s streak of 72 wins after accumulating an 18-point lead was vanquished last weekend against the Washington Commanders.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2023/9/21/23882751/horse-tracks-if-the-broncos-lose-to-the-dolphins-its-time-to-turn-off-the-bright-lights

14 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

So having looked around to see if there was any hint available regarding the rumors surrounding former Bears DC Alan Williams, I can't say I've found much of anything outside pure speculation.

The belief from those who have speculated is that it's related to one of two things: gambling or pedophilia.

But the bottom line is nobody seems to know sh-t.

Then for the sake of this forum not turning into TMZ ... can you please stop posting every tweet you see, Mr. Scot? Guys like you are part of the reason stories get out of control. Just relax, and wait for offical statements. It's funny too bc you're old. But you're out here spamming tweets like a teen. Twitter is NOT journalism. Even guys with the blue checkmark are mostly spitting opinion.

• Beer 1