• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL News: 2023 Season

Mr. Scot

8 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

Mahomes contract was restructured, he now makes 210m over the next 4 years, fully guaranteed. 

Unless whatever they did helped free up some cap room over the next couple of years, I'm actually surprised Mahomes wanted to do this.

He's one of the few players who make ungodly amounts of money in endorsement deals, just figured he'd have been fine taking a little less than the absolute max that he could, so he could have some more players around him.

Guys like Burrow, Hurts, Herbert, Lamar... while they all do well in endorsements, I'd bet good money that Mahomes dwarfs them with his.

He also strikes me as the guy who wants the legacy and to beat Brady's numbers.  Sacrificing 5-10 million a year when you're already making 40+ before endorsements seemed like something he'd do.  

Yea, just looked it up, in 2023 Mahomes will make $20 million in endorsements, only others above Burrow at $4 million are Dak, Wilson, and Rodgers at 13, 13, and 11 respectively.

Edited by tukafan21

30 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Unless whatever they did helped free up some cap room over the next couple of years, I'm actually surprised Mahomes wanted to do this.

He's one of the few players who make ungodly amounts of money in endorsement deals, just figured he'd have been fine taking a little less than the absolute max that he could, so he could have some more players around him.

Guys like Burrow, Hurts, Herbert, Lamar... while they all do well in endorsements, I'd bet good money that Mahomes dwarfs them with his.

He also strikes me as the guy who wants the legacy and to beat Brady's numbers.  Sacrificing 5-10 million a year when you're already making 40+ before endorsements seemed like something he'd do.  

Yea, just looked it up, in 2023 Mahomes will make $20 million in endorsements, only others above Burrow at $4 million are Dak, Wilson, and Rodgers at 13, 13, and 11 respectively.

No it moves money forward to the next 4 seasons from the backend of his original deal. His cap numbers the next 4 years hovers around 59-63m. 

Halas Hall was raided by the FBI this morning after the Bears DC's house was raided last week. Explosive allegations coming out of it, I will not repeat the words as it's something I'll never type out in a computer. 

You think our franchise is a dumpster fire? Chicago has got that on lock so far this season. 

5 minutes ago, Panthering said:

Halas Hall was raided by the FBI this morning after the Bears DC's house was raided last week. Explosive allegations coming out of it, I will not repeat the words as it's something I'll never type out in a computer. 

You think our franchise is a dumpster fire? Chicago has got that on lock so far this season. 

This is bizarre. Evidently their HC was literally crying talking about the issue. What in the fug did this guy do???